Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Quick Question

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Well I finially got the bowling center I DJ at on the VDJ bandwagon. They bought me a new computer. Dell E310, P4, 3.06Ghz, 2 Gig Ram., 160 Gig HD. Now I have to add a video card. I see it only has 2 PCI slots and 1 PCI-E slot. Do I go with a card for the PCI-E slot?? What is recommended?? I have been an ATI fan for years, will I get better quality with a NVIDIA???? Please chime in with your responses and the cards that DONT work. I will be ordering this evening and also adding a 500 Gig HD. Thanks in advance, Brian

Mensajes Tue 01 Aug 06 @ 9:28 pm
I'm using the Nvidia GeForce 6800 XT in my rig at work. It is a PCI-E card. No need to go totally overboard with the GPU. As long as it has at least 128 meg of memory you will be good to go. (This one has 256 meg) The nice thing about the above card is that it is a dual headed card. (Meaning one end will go to you CPU's monitor, the other to the monitors your customer's see.)

Mensajes Tue 01 Aug 06 @ 9:35 pm
That looks like a winner, and it is only $99 on sale.

Mensajes Tue 01 Aug 06 @ 11:45 pm
Actually I am looking at the XFX Geforce 6800 Xtreme, 512 mb GDDR3. its only like $160. Opinions???

Mensajes Tue 01 Aug 06 @ 11:57 pm
It wouldn't hurt. Alittle extra horsepower is always a good thing. You never know what they may have version 5 of Virtual DJ doing. :) I would rather have more horsepower than not enough. Just make sure to download the latest drivers when you get it.

Mensajes Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 12:31 am
But I think I may have problems as the computer may not have enough power for the card. I may just go with the lower one.

Mensajes Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 1:27 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
6600gt will do just fine runs on normal bus power. Just make sure its the gt model.

Mensajes Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 4:29 am
Good point. I have a 600 watt power supply in our machine at work. It is advised that you have at least a 500 watt power supply when dealing with a PCI-E card. As Cyder said the GT will work for you too.

Mensajes Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 5:06 am
Well I ended up getting the card above, a new power supply, and a HD. Hope all works I will let you know.

Mensajes Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 11:24 pm
BIG PROBLEM
I got my stuff today and found out I only have PCI slots. No other kind. Am I still ok or am i screwed>???

Mensajes Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 12:33 am
Tried out the geforce 6200 and hated it, couldnt get anything right. I think I am gonna go with the ATI X1300, or the 9250. Seems to be my only choices. I can't believe they bought me a computer with only 2 pci slots. I don't think i am gonna ever get this thing running. Someone please cheer me up.

Mensajes Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 9:41 am
Well, the post powerful PCI cards are only 64bit bus and a long way behind their agp/pci-e counterparts in terms of performance, it's going to be a gamble and you may not be entirely happy with the finished results. Unfortunately you probably couldn't upgrade your motherboard to fit a good graphics card along with it because some dell's use propriety power supplies, and a reliable one costs around £40 ($70).

Mensajes Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 11:44 am
I changed out the power supply already. I know it is gonna be a gamble. I had the NVIDIA working I just didn't like it as I am used to ATI.

Mensajes Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 8:58 pm
SCRAP it all is what I say, I am returning this computer and getting another one from Dell as I have no choice. Thanks to all who tried to help, I am just upset that the office people here at the job can't look outside the box for solutions. Later

Mensajes Sat 05 Aug 06 @ 3:14 am
Ok guys we got credit for the return and they won't let me build a PC, sooo it is Dell again. Here is the specs, will it be ok for video.
E510
Pentium D 3.2ghz Dual Core
2 Gb Ram
160 Gb Hd (500 will be added)
256 Mb PCI E X16 ATI Radeon X600 Se Video card.

I think it will scream, let me know. Cheers Brian

Mensajes Tue 15 Aug 06 @ 7:42 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)