Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Vmx200 without Decks?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

subdeepHome userMember since 2006
Hi there!
I have a question...im thinking of buying me the Behringer VMX200 Mixer but without Decks!
I have a Soundblaster 5.1 Soundcard and wanted to ask if this is enough just to use the Mixer with!
Cause once i was at a party when some1 was mixing from VDJ with decks and a Mixer and i forgot to ask if he has an external or internal SC!
Would be nice to know cause i have a gig on 31st Dec. and i would also need to buy VDJ cause the trial version sucks ;-D
Thx for you help
Subdeep

Mensajes Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 11:58 am
That would work, the important thing is the 5.1 soundcard which you have. Virtual DJ Professional will let you configure your soundcard to work with external mixers (assuming you have the right wires of course!) and then you can rock the party ;-)

You will need two of these to connect pc to mixer:

Mensajes Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 12:02 pm
whoa...
thx for the fast and great answer m8 :)
yeah the cables shouldnt be a problem but its good to hear that my soundcard is ok :)
LETS ROCK THE PARTY... altough its a little time till then, but i will record the mix and maybe someday you will here it somewhere... ;-)

Mensajes Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 12:34 pm
Hi there again!
I would have a second question! ;-)
is there a possibility of connecting the Behringer MiniFex800 (http://www.behringer.com/FEX800/index.cfm?lang=ENG) to the VMX200 cause a friend of mine has it and cause he wants to get rid of it i want to spare him some time with selling it and i would take it :)
But cause im new with VDJ (Tracktor User Before) im not sure how it is connecting a effects gear to it!
thx for reading and maybe answering
thumbs up

Mensajes Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 10:30 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

You will need MONO JACK to RCA cable. And 4 of them :)

Mensajes Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 1:08 pm
:-)
thx again for the fast anwser! ill tell u when i get all of the things and purchase VDJ. If everything works i will do something nice for u all ;-)
thumbs up

Mensajes Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 2:14 pm
Ok... now
hopefully its my last question before i decide to spend a little bit of money... ;-)
I read on those forums couple of post and im not sure i understand it right.
I can use the Crossfader and the Gain Control, but it wont be shown on VDJ, right?
or do i have still to move them on the Computer...
Sorry for those lame question but im not a real genius at the computer but some time ago i thought i have to get into the 21st century by starting to learn a little bit about doing djing on computer and not still one those old vinyls... :) (although nothing can beat the quality of a good old vinyl... :))
thx for all helping hands...
thumbs up
subdeep

Mensajes Wed 09 Aug 06 @ 6:16 pm
Ups.
Another Small Question:)
Can i use my speakers during the mixing?
f.e Mixer is connected with headphones, my 2.1 Soundsystem, or do i have to connect them somehow to the mixer to hear the music on the Speakers too?
thx;)
thumbs up
subdeep

Mensajes Wed 09 Aug 06 @ 6:46 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
You will set the gain in VDJ to -0,5dB and in settings set the option "Always Match" and it will set the gain automaticaly for you in VDJ. On Vmx200, you will have two separate channels like you have connected 2 cd players. Gain, EQ and crossfader on the mixer will not affect VDJ, which is good. You will connect your speakers to the amplifier first and then amplifier to the Main out or Master out on your mixer. Headphones are connected in "Headphones" ouput and you have a separate volume control for it. For all this you will need VDJ Pro, offcourse.

Mensajes Thu 10 Aug 06 @ 7:47 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)