Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: CPU Usage goes to 95% +

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi,

Recently whenever i use VDJ the cpu usage goes up to extremely high levels and eventually to the point where VDJ is nonresponsive. This is a very recent problem and it hasnt happened before.

I have a compaq 2100 laptop

athlon xp 2800
ATI 320m (64mb)
512 ddr ram
40g hard drive 7gb free space

what should i do? Ive perused the help threads up above, but to no avail.

Mensajes Thu 10 Aug 06 @ 7:50 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Normally cpu usage will peak during deck load, search and analyzation, then it levels off and normal would be considered 20-30% both decks running.

Take a look at your task manager and see how many processes are running first.
See if the usage is steady or fluctuating up and down.
If possible uninstall anti virus and keep the system off the internet, anti virus is resourse intencive even when idling.

Lastly, sometimes a fresh install of your operating system will help tremendously.
If possible get an original version of xp or xp pro, not Dell's, or Compact's or Sony's version because of all the crap they want up and running.

So thats a start for you, then see what you have.

Mensajes Thu 10 Aug 06 @ 9:39 pm
Also if your card doesn't support hardware acceleration, your CPU will be doing all the work. I think that is your problem right there.

Mensajes Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 8:10 pm
The sound card is a creative 24bit external live....

Mensajes Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 11:32 pm
He mentioned your video card. Have you set hardware acceleration enabled in the config->Video? If this setting is switched on all video decoding and processing is done by your video card. If it is switched off all these actiions have to be done by your cpu. That will be quite busy then while your processor is not tuned to do video decoding.
Only Ati and Nvidea cards could be used with hardware acceleration.
Ewout

Mensajes Sat 12 Aug 06 @ 12:27 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)