Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Can Hear Music Via Headset But Not PC Speakers

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I just installed DJ Console MK2 on my PC... I can hear the music on the headset preview, but not on the main speakers. Any ideas anyone?

Thank you!

Brent

Mensajes Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 6:10 am
I think you have to have pro version to use your PC sounds card. AS best I can descirbe it, when you plug in your MK2 it adds another sound card to your PC. And the DJ CONSOLE version of VirtualDJ only allows one sound card so you will only get output from your console. ALl I do is take my PC speakers ( Creative Labs 7.1 ) and plug them into the OUTPUT ( Mini Jack ones ) on the back of the console and I got sound....but I will be upgrading to the pro version soon.

I hope Im right on this

Mensajes Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 7:19 am
Thanks... I don't remember seeing this on the Comparison page though..... I just paid $250 and I can't listen to the music on my PC without spending another $99?

My experience with Hercules so far leaves a lot to be desired -- I purchased a copy of Virtual DJ MP3 from Amazon.com only to learn that I can't use the headset preview feature unless I have a special sound card (i.e., a regular stereo sound card won't work) OR unless I purchase the DJ Console MK2... even though this was never explained on the website anywhere.

Furthermore, the software didn't come with a serial number so for the past week I've been trying to get a serial number, I provided my Amazon.com receipt twice and they keep asking for an invoice, even though I've sent it to them twice! So in frustration at not being able to use the software either, I purchased the MK2 yesterday at a local store... and now I find out I can listen to my headphones but not on my PC unless I spend another $99, if this turns out to be true. Hopefully it's not.

Do the people who own this site answer support questions or is this one of those places where customers have to help one another to get any support?

Mensajes Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 3:02 pm
Wow...Im sorry to hear you are going through some of these problems. I can speak on your SERIAL number issue. Unlike you, I lost my serial number not but two days after I bought the mk2..I contacted Hercules, I eamiled my receipt and in about 3 hours I got a new key. I read on the Hercules website that there was a batch that was sent out without the serial number on the CD envelope.......

You are right about the comparison..sort of...in the comparison on this website ( http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html ) it lists the option of "Can input external sound source" as not available on the HOME/DJ COncole. I didnt know what the hell that meant but I think I remember asking on this forum about it and they explained that it allows you to output to your PC as well. ANother words, you can use multiple sound cards.

Man I hope Im not confusing you ( I know I was and still am on some issues )....

BiShOp

Mensajes Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 3:40 pm
Unless I'm reading the page wrong, it says that the DJConsole version DOES support "Can input external sound source".

So do the people who work here respond to questions or is this the kind of operation where only the customers help other customers?

Mensajes Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 3:58 pm
all I can recommend is pay the $99 to upgrade to the Pro version and you will be very happy you did, plus the long awaited Version 4 will be free. If you don't upgrade now I believe the prices are going to go up. Plus with the Pro version you will be able to do video, change/add skins, add different samples and plug-ins. I too had the Home version and I can tell you from experience you will be happy with the upgrade.

Mensajes Tue 15 Aug 06 @ 7:56 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)