Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: I have screwed up something, but what?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

SkiHogPRO InfinityMember since 2005
My system consist of 2 - Pioneer CDJ1000MK3's, Pioneer DJM800 Mixer, M-Audio 1010LT Sound card. I have been using TCCD's through it with no problems for a few months now, and of course since it wasn't broken, I had to fix it....and now it is broken. Basically I installed the latest nVidia Drivers...hoping they would allow me to do dual monitors for video mixing while in SLI mode...but they don't. I also installed the new MSN Messenger (aka. Windows Live Messenger), and Media Player 11 Beta.

When I play my music via TCCD it is scratchy and popping, with really distorted sound. Regular CD's and timecode_bypass sound fine. I checked the IRQ's, and saw that one of my video cards was on the same IRQ as my sound card. Unable to get the IRQ changed, I completely removed the nVidia drivers with DriverCleaner Pro, and rebooted. With no nVidia drivers installed, the IRQ's were now not in conflict. So I tried my TCCD, and it was still messed up. Next, worried that maybe Media Player 11 had somehow overwritten some sort of sound driver, I reinstalled my M-Audio drivers. Still no luck. This does not mean that Media Player 11 did not screw me up, but unstinstalling it should prove to be a chore...so I am hoping for an easier solution.

Another note is that I am using a sample rate of 64...and have been since the beginning with no problems. I will try raising it when I get home, to see if it fixe sthe problem...but I would still like to know what might have broken my system such that I need to do that.

Thanks,
Andrew

Mensajes Wed 16 Aug 06 @ 8:21 pm
wow....

was about to say that its probably IRQ sharing

" checked the IRQ's, and saw that one of my video cards was on the same IRQ as my sound card."

But lost of ideas since you removed the sharing.

Windows Media Player update or MSN should not matter... I have updated both as well.

Something seems changed with IRQ's or soundcard drivers... but you had that suspicion too, and tried elminating that.

What about system restore? If you have that active, you can turn back Windows to previous state

By the way... You have the NR1 COOLEST setup in the WHOLE WORLD! in my eyes!;)
CDJ1000MK3 + DJM800.... holding my breath... WOW!;) killer setup.....

Hope you get it running again...

Mensajes Wed 16 Aug 06 @ 8:54 pm
Unfortunately, I do not have system restore active...must...have...every bit of speed I can get =)

Thanks, I really enjoy my setup. I just need to bring it back to life...

...Oh Crap! I left off something that might be important.

...speaking of bringing it back to life, someone was helping me tear it down a couple of weeks ago after a gig, and they ripped one of the input rca female connectors out of the 1010LT. It was no problem to replace...but now that I think about it, I haven't used TCCD successfully since that gig. Could something have gotten fried on the soundcard? The rca that came out was the red input connected to my left CDJ. My right CDJ does not play TCCD cleanly either, but both of them can play music CDs via the timecode_bypass mode...which maps the sound from the input to the output of the card. So if the sound card were messed up, then it would seem the timecode_bypass mode would not work either.

Mensajes Wed 16 Aug 06 @ 9:39 pm
yeah.. as long as the soundcard works, I dont think that accident is the cause...

Something have happened when upgrading your PC, not sure what....

You could try to update the drivers for your soundcar, or reinstall.
But do it clean.... first REMOVE all drivers, reboot, and then reinstall...

You could also look at the forum for your soundcard, maybe someone else having same issues (problems after installing WMP or MSN... I doubt there is a connection, but you never know...)

Just try to rebuild things... Will hopefully fix itself in the end.
Reinstall VDJ,reinstall soundcard drivers, reinstall graphic card drivers... try to rebuild it to the way that it worked. Since there is no IRQ sharing, there must be some kind of driver conflict/problem....

Mensajes Thu 17 Aug 06 @ 3:43 am
I have same setup bro tcv's work great for cdj1000 mk3's and i'm using windows on macbookpro.My djm 800 i have to use with my hercules controller until midi support better but it's sounds insane.

Mensajes Thu 17 Aug 06 @ 9:17 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
If I were you I would reinstall Windows, it is the fastest way of fixing problem and than you will know is your problem software or hardware related. Fixing bad Windows takes time, and in the end (50%) you can't fix it so you reinstall anyway ;) !
Keep in mind that VDJ computer should be clean, no MSN, Internet or other software and it works the best! That is how I done it and a lot people here too.
Hope you solve that problem fast, keep us posted.

Mensajes Sat 19 Aug 06 @ 8:38 am
I FOUND IT!!!!!

It took me a few days, and while I haven't re-installed windows, I have re-installed just about everything else.

And the culprit is....Drumrole please...
Setting Time Stretch = High Quality.

I forgot that during the week I had been trying to tweak different settings, and everything was sounding good and working fine...until I plugged into my TCCD's, as described in my first post. I have a very powerful PC, see my profile for specs..and even though VDJ warned me, I felt like it could handle it, and it did for the most part.

Setting Time Stretch = Disabled or Enabled fixed my problem. Setting it to anything else, while using TCV, makes the sound robotic with lasers and popping all over the place.

Thanks for the input guys.

Mensajes Sat 19 Aug 06 @ 3:14 pm
@dj-in-norway: Finally got some pics posted in my blog of setup =)

TCCD's are pumping away, and now im trolling the VDJ website waiting for the 4.0 release.

Mensajes Mon 21 Aug 06 @ 5:19 pm
GREAT setup!! ;)

Good to hear you found the issue...

The HQ timestreach in 3.4 was completely experimental, and beta... therefore the warning.
Maybe it shouldn't have been released, but it was only for test purposes.

works now, in 4.0.... HQ that is ;) and you dont need a extreme pc to use it either ;)
Comming this week ;)

Mensajes Mon 21 Aug 06 @ 7:41 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)