Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Usb mouse &dac3 problem

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

When I use usb mouse and I start dac3 midi configurator the dac3 doesn't appear at USB device. I have to unplugg the mouse than start again dac3 midi configurator, select dac 3 usb device. Then I plugg the usb mouse and everithing works good. It's not a very hard thing to do (pluging the mouse and dac3 in a specific order) but I would like to know what is the problem. Thanks in advance.

Mensajes Wed 16 Aug 06 @ 10:50 pm
USB is notorious for having problems...

Try to manually set the correct drivers when the DAC is not recognized.
Right click the USB port in the hardware control pannel ("system icon" inside Windows Control Pannel), and "teach" Windows that its a DAC connected, at that port, when USB mouse is connected too..

Or, uninstall dac drivers, plug in your mouse, then the DAC, and reinstall when Windows asks for drivers. That way Windows will remember that the DAC is the DAC.

USB hot-pluging can make Windows comfused on what drivers to use... unfortunately..

Mensajes Thu 17 Aug 06 @ 3:46 am
Thanks for the answer.

Mensajes Thu 17 Aug 06 @ 3:58 am
Why don't you use the built-in native support for the DAC-3?

This needs no drivers and will give you working LCD displays, LED's and lighted play/cue. The functionality of the DAC-3 can be improved significantly with my DAC-3 mapper available from Download -> Plugins -> External tools, or you can create your own custom mapper using the DAC-3 SDK (Requires C++ programming knowledge.)

Native support for the DAC-3 has been present in VDJ since v3.2

Mensajes Thu 17 Aug 06 @ 7:23 pm
no need for drivers ? niiiiice ;) 1-0 to VDJ ..hehe

Mensajes Thu 17 Aug 06 @ 10:10 pm
I would like to use native support for dac3 but I don't know how to set every button to do what I wand(something like xp10 mapper). So I use dac3 midi configurator and I made a shorcut for every button on the controller. This way, of course, the display doesn't work but....what can I do if I don't have programming skils like you, jpboggis? :)

Mensajes Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 12:48 pm

Mensajes Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 5:40 pm
If you need to be able to customise all the buttons to your own settings, then the MIDI mapper is the only way to do this at the moment until v2.0 of my DAC-3 mapper is finished.

If you have some basic C++ programming knowledge, you could modify the default VDJ DAC-3 mappings to suit your own preferences using the SDK.

Mensajes Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 7:41 pm
Thanks guys, I'll wait for the 2.0 version of the mapper.

Mensajes Sat 19 Aug 06 @ 2:50 am
DAC3 MIDI WITH WINDOWS DOES NOT WORK 32 BITS and the KEYBOARD and MOUSE BY USB, TRY WHAT SAID "dj-in-norway" BUT THERE IS no WAY. IN WINDOWS XP 64 NEVERTHELESS IF IT WORKS. ANOTHER SOLUTION?

Mensajes Thu 16 Nov 06 @ 1:27 pm
The PCDJ DAC-3 MIDI driver can be quite tempremental and is easily confused by other USB HID devices (E.g: USB keyboard and/or mouse.)

As above, it's not needed anymore to use the DAC-3 with VirtualDJ. There is full native support for the DAC-3 built into VDJ, complete with working LCD displays and LED's.

By downloading my custom mapper (Download -> Plugins -> External Tools), you can control most features of VDJ directly from the DAC-3, including file browsing, effects, video effects/transitions and samples.

Presently you cannot re-assign buttons to your own custom configuration (This will be possible in the future), but you will probably find that you do not need to do this anyway (Most VDJ features can be accessed via my mapper.)

MIDI does allow you to assign the buttons as you wish, but you do not get working LCD displays.

Mensajes Thu 16 Nov 06 @ 6:47 pm
I don't have this problem anymore. Everything is working ok. I don't even want to customize dac3 buttons. I finally gave a chance to jpboggis's mapper and I find it AWSOME. Like I've said in some other topic I'm sorry I have been so narrow minded and didn't even tried the mapper earlier. The mapper it's great. Thanks again for the good work jpboggis. I consider this topic closed. :)

Mensajes Thu 16 Nov 06 @ 11:44 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)