Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: V4 Another Video Problem

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I'm not sure if this is a settings issue or a bug somewhere. In V3.4 I could have visualisations on, then, if I put a video on, when i crossfaded (linked crossfaders) I could transition the visualisation over to the video. Using V4, I crossfade and instead of the video I still get the transition, I have to turn the transition off in FX menu before I can get my video to show up. Then of course when the video has finished, I cross back but get a black screen because visuals are turned off. In other words, it seems that if visualisations are on, they overtake all other video until deactivated. Can anyone else verify this? Is there a setting I'm missing?

Mensajes Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 8:06 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
it isnt a bug, this is the way it has been designed, believe me i prefer it the old way, if enough of us ask im sure they'll change it back

Mensajes Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 9:07 pm
phillydj wrote :
it isnt a bug, this is the way it has been designed, believe me i prefer it the old way, if enough of us ask im sure they'll change it back

If it's been designed that way I have to say it's a BIG mistake. So if you regularly mix in video or karaoke it's a load of messing about to throw visuals in in-between! Looks like I'm sticking with 3.4 on my gig box then until this gets rectified in some way.

And this is supposed to be an improvement for the VJ??

Mensajes Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 9:26 pm
Like i mentioned I was fighting to leave it as in 3.4, hopefully it will go back to the 3.4 way, it can be set to work auto under the config.video tab, just type the name of the plugin u want when no video is loaded, but I have to warn you, once u turn it to go to auto, it wont turn back off by itself

Mensajes Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 9:44 pm
phillydj wrote :
Like i mentioned I was fighting to leave it as in 3.4, hopefully it will go back to the 3.4 way,

Well there's at least two of us who work professionally who agree that the 3.4 way was best anyway :o)

Quote :
it can be set to work auto under the config.video tab, just type the name of the plugin u want when no video is loaded, but I have to warn you, once u turn it to go to auto, it wont turn back off by itself

What do you type in, ie "Sonique" or the name of the actual 'svp' file?

They've introduced some great effects there, including the ability to use a webcam, then wrecked it with the implementation!

EDIT

Scratch some of the above, just found out by typing "sonique" into the box, and now I see what you mean that it doesn't turn itself off! At least if it did it would have been semi usable. I'd like to be able to have visualisations on when no video, then when there is video or karaoke it over rides the visualisation, then perhaps throw in webcam now and again. Or even "transition" webcam footage into it, for example showing a video then having a live video feed "satellite transition" buzz around a little etc. I don't think theyve given much consideration to us users who 'push the envelope'.

Mensajes Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 10:01 pm
you type the name of the pluggin (without the .dll) don't worry im hoping it goes back to the 3.4 way I like to have the bar or club logo displayed when theres no video or karaoke

Mensajes Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 10:18 pm
WOW that is a major turn off!!! I always use the visuals while the Videos aren't playing. Im bummed. I don't know where you see "Auto" all I get when I type in "Sonique" is nothing just the option to hit ok.

Mensajes Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 12:50 am
as long as u type a name in the box it'll turn itself on, i still find it worthless if it can't turn itself off

Mensajes Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 1:05 am
ok i got that part figured out, and I have the on and off button mapped on my X-session. I have crashed the pc about 5 times now. 3.4 worked flawlessly. Specs P4 2.6 1.5 gig Ram, radeon 9550 256mb AGP card. I am not complaining as I am still tweaking to see what happens.

Mensajes Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 2:09 am
I installed it on my gig machine last night but into a seperate directory. I won't go over the machine spec again as i've done that in other threads, but it is a VERY high spec machine. Had a play around with V4 and and here's a preliminary observation or two.

Reharding not being able to mix video into visuals. I think we can all agree this was a bad move. As well as whats covered above, how about adding some automation to the visuals "transparency" setting?

It's patently obvious that if anyone is using or experimenting with video, using the new features there are a few things you would want to do, those being :-

Have visualisations going when not using another video option

Have visualistaions auto turn off OR link in with the crossfader when you fade into a video track.

Be able to use the inbuilt transitions to work between visualisations and other video.

Be able to do the same with the 'camera' input.

Something I have noticed, it seems to me that the visualisations now seem brighter or clearer, somethings definitely different as the visualisations look better. Has something been tweaked here?

Ideally, as a VJ, you don't ever want to have any 'blank screen' periods, you want to be able to smoothly switch between video, visualisations, karaoke graphics and with V4 perhaps some live camera feed. With the exception of the live camera feed you could do all this in 3.4. This certainly seems like a step backwards and to be honest, it seems with the exception of "PhillyDJ" that the beta testers have given little thought to the scope that this offers and what the demands of a video user are.

You have added some superb tools there but made the implementaion and use more awkward. Please please can we have some input on this subject by dev team?

Mensajes Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 12:41 pm
KaymystPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'm in the same position as you guys, I really like the new features (like the camera, etc..)
but I'm only scratching video with one deck. So the visualistions were perfect for the other perfect for me.
Now it changes things quite a bit... you can only use transitions between 2 videos...

Also I would have liked to have a new visualisation plugin (like milkdrop or something) but I suppose that can be implemented later.

Wait and see...

Anyone know when are the new SDKs going to be ready?

1 more thing I noticed that my avi's don't work anymore (they were encoded in indeo 4.5 i think), mpg's are ok, so i'll have to transcode everything.

Mensajes Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 2:30 pm
I'll add my support for this also, but I'd like to verify that it isn't already available...

See comments by cstoll and JeremK in the following thread....
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/54231/General_Discussion/slideshow.html

I need to verify that this works. Even if it appears to be incomplete.

I don't like the idea that you must manually deactivate the visuals, but that may be fixed in 4.1 as I'm lead to believe by comments from cstoll later in the thread.

Mensajes Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 2:46 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm not a big fan of the new style, BUT, I see the potential of this, and I think with a few enhancements, it could be much better than the old way.

If multiple visual plugins could be run simultaneously, that should resolve some concerns... i.e. being able to overlay text onto visualization, then being able to invert that, etc.

The other thing is doing a proper crossfade to a visualization... perhaps the video crossfader could be made to adjust the transparency of the effect when it's fading to a non-video source. Would this be easily feasible?

Also, this belongs in the skin forum, I suppose, but is there a button that takes you directly to the text entry box for the text plugin?

I hate to sound like an ingrate, so much thanks to the dev team for making improvements to this great software. Keep up the good work, and we'll have a more amazing solution than ever on our hands.

Mensajes Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 8:24 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)