Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Headphone now terrible sound

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

rossyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi upgraded yesterday and found the head phone is now currup sound clicking very bad

please help or i need to go back to older version

thanks

Mensajes Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 5:14 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Explain a little better, what are U using, what specs, sound card, what setting etc.

Mensajes Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 10:33 am
doesnt really matter what spec
the fact is it was all perfect until this so called upgrade then the sound coming through the headphones was terrible

so i had to downgrade in order to do my Discos last weekend

dunno but the support on this website is going downhill

Mensajes Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 8:21 pm
You ask for support yet you don't describe the problem simply amazing....

headphones sound bad is very unclear. A better question would be:

hi i'm using branx soundcard and i'm having a problem with distortion in the headphones.

However since you didn't say that I'll assume you need a new set of headphones.

We would tend to say the quality of questions lately on the site is what is going downhill.

Mensajes Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 10:10 pm
well seen as i have asked support for help and still havent recived any responce!!

look pal if the headphones are working fine with the previous version but not your so called new updated version i fail to see how with all your experiance you can come up with an explenation like "your head phones are faulty"!!

ive already said the sound card is fine the problem is when i use the new upgrage

but if this is the best you can do id rather use the old version than take advice from the likes of you!!

what do you do for a living change disco light bulbs?

tossa

Mensajes Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 8:15 pm
I didn't say your headphones are faulty I assumed it just like you assumed I knew your sound card config, and computer specs etc.

So basically we are back to square one how can we be of assistance?

Mensajes Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 12:13 am
Hi,
I'm having the same issue, and I believe that is my soundcard.

First I have to say that it happened before with previous vdj versions, but till 3.4, it was necessary only to raise up and down the headphone volume (just to clear the buffer).
Now, instead, the only way to make it disappear is to change the buffer size on the pref tab, press okay and the revert.

It happens randomly, and then I hear just pops and cracks at the rhythm of the song (in the headphone). I've uploaded a short example. I can assure that it usually works fine.

As I said, I believe it is my sound card. My home computer has two soundcards, Asus integrated 7.1 and an sblive 5.1. the headphones are on the sblive. I use Kx drivers because they support (more or less) asio for my old soundcard. This issue happens with all buffer sizes available on vdj.

This is the link http://rapidshare.de/files/31486166/headphones.wma.html.
Let me know what you think.
Thanks.
Pier

Mensajes Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 12:31 am
Thanks djpir83 we'll have the dev team take a look and see if we can have a working solution for you. Thanks for the sound clip. Could you maybe give us some insight as to which sound card you are using.

Mensajes Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 1:25 am
Hi,

For sure (this is my home pc, not thw work one). I have an Asus P5AD2 Premium Motherboard. I use the integrated C-Media audio soundcard 7.1 only for vdj. I have an old sblive 5.1 platinum [SB0060 5.1] A880.

I'm using Kx driver 3537 (I know they are not updated, but I saw that new releases have some problems with asio on old soundcard).
This device is the windows default.
When I use virtualdj, I switch the audio hardware on the asus card, thus having windows sounds, messenger and so on, on the sblive card.

my configuration in vdj is
Master: C-Media, Headphones: Sblive KX 4/5 [Kx drivers offers the asio channels paired. streo channels 4/5 have no dsp effectes, are not routed to any channels and go directly to the output.

I use Kx, because the creative drivers does not give the ability to use the power of your soundcard, and this is vital as my soundcard is old.

Performances tab:
Latency 512 (in reality is 256, but as I use more than instance I don't want them to crack the sound)
Low Passfilter: 11
Scratch optimized for quality, w3ith enhanced algorithm, szie 11.
Overclock only ticked (should I untick it on the desktop?)
Master tempo advanced (0,0) when I use more instances I switch to fast.

Pentium 4 (prescott) HT @ 3.4Ghz, 2Gb Ram (Hyper memory enabled) + 3GB fixed swap file. the data is on a raid set.

As I said in my previous post, it happened before, but now the workaround stops the audio engine for some times (half a second, however audible).

Hope I didn't forget anything important. (Ah, I have no irq conflicts, windows has been clean installed, drivers are okay and everything is running normally.)

Thanks!
Pier

Mensajes Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 11:44 am
jerrydvPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Im having the same problems when I try to use my plantronics DSP500 usb headset. In 3.4 the sound was not a problem but in 4.0 no matter what performance setting I use I get crackling and pops coming from the headphones.

Mensajes Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 12:16 pm
Could you guys try this and see if helps any? Uncheck the safe mode box, Uncheck the overclock box. Turn latency to "auto" Set performace preset to "fastest" We are still looking into the problem but it seems the solution may work for some.

Mensajes Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 2:05 pm
jerrydvPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Ok I have tried you suggestion but for me the best sound qualiity still with a few crackles and pop here and there which are bearable are with using the following performance settings. One step up from fastest but setting the latency to the highest setting. Auto doesnt work for me. It sounds terrible. I also have both safe mode and overclock turned off.

Mensajes Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 10:13 pm
Hi,
I've read the message now, because the website was down. i'm trying your suggestions,right now. (is that a way to discover the value used by vdj when set to auto?)

Just one question. I've read that the overclock mode is for laptop mode. What is it's purpose, how does it work?

Thanks, i'll post my feedbacks as soon as i end my test.
Pier

Mensajes Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 4:48 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003

Mensajes Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 7:11 pm
Hi,
I'm sorry, but my test failed. After an hour, the issue happened.

Has anybody other suggestions?

Thanks,
Pier

Mensajes Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 8:03 pm
Date: Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 04:23:31
Teamer: DJ Homeboy
Ok Sir we have had some more reports of this and we are working on it. Be sure to check for updates ;)

Regards,
DJ Homeboy

Mensajes Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 4:53 pm
Hi
Thanks so much for you interest!

Pier

Mensajes Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 11:05 pm
Hi
I found this in the forum.
It's almost what happens to me. one soundcard is perfect, and other becomes cracked. latency change resurrects the card....

Mensajes Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 12:03 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)