Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: My First Crash with V4

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm just starting this thread to report my first crash with V4 during a gig.

I was playing a karaoke song, and the singer wasn't yet ready, so I hit the back 32 beats button in my VideoVision skin a couple of times... the second time I did it, it would have rewound to before the beginning of the song, and the program locked up. The music played, but the graphics froze, and the smiley face dialogue came up.

I clicked recove, and it caused the audio to "fart", but VDJ didn't restart. After I restarted the program, it picked up right where it left off in the song I was playing though.

Mensajes Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 9:06 am
Ooh... I had a different one last night. I was doing a mix, and when I crossfaded the video over, it crashed. I wonder if the problem was with the Sonique visualizations that were supposed to start at that point.

But perhaps more important, I've been getting VirtualDJ4 to crash everytime I load it and try to start the video up. If I just enable the secondary display, it crashes.

I have to enable the window first, then switch it to my secondary display... it's a bit annoying, but things work pretty good once I have it going. Except for the one time.

I don't remember this happening when I first got VDJ 4 going...

Mensajes Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 7:55 pm
"I wonder if the problem was with the Sonique visualizations that were supposed to start at that point. "

There seems to be a bug with automatic start of visuals (sonique/slideshow).
Please start it manually until Dev Team have found a solution.

Dev Team is aware of this, and its being adressed

Mensajes Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 7:57 pm
Supacon..you are not alone ..i have two freezing totally of my pc when using this new release..
bye

Mensajes Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 10:52 pm
Was playing at a club last night. Using TCCD. House was on the left deck. Loaded a song on the right deck to cue it up and all of a sudden the sound card locked up and it sounded like a machine gun which clipped the amps and I'm sure done some sort of damage to the house speakers if not decreased the life expectancy. There was no smiley face. Task manager was able to close VDJ but the sound of the machine gun or a 1/32 beat loop was stuck in the sound card or somewhere. Shutdown was also stuck. I had to hold the power button until the PC went cold. The rest of the night went without error except for my fear every time i loaded a song. A real downer!

Mensajes Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 3:02 am
i have the same problem when i try to get VDJ to do too much stuff at one time, the video will lock up and i have to restart the program

therealbjthedj@hotmail.com
www.rumjungle.ca

Mensajes Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 3:50 am
BJ, I didn't know you were a VirtualDJ user! Good to have another fellow Edmontonian here. (I'm J.D. the DJ from the Globe).

Anyways, I haven't had anything as bad as the sound failing... but I've actually had another couple lockups like this when either enabling AND DISABLING Sonique Visualizations. I'm a little scared to use them now, so I'm probably just going to use my Ambient Video DVDs for a bit until this stuff is fixed. That's really too bad.

It's getting to a point where I've gotta try a few times to start up the software... 'cause everytime I tried enabling video, it'd lock up. Hrm...

Odd that for the first couple of weeks, things were fine. Hopefully this one can be resolved in the next update. It seems like a pretty urgent problem.

Mensajes Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 4:59 am
I´m not a VDJ user (i´m waiting full BCD2000 suport to buy this app) but i made some customizations in my laptop to not crash or freeze (or to reduce to minimum this possibility).

1. I installed a light-pound Windows XP version ( exists some customized versions of Windows XP in the net just with the necessary to run. I have a brazilian version so, i can recommend one now. But exists, just search. Anyway, many tutorials explain how to make this) in a other new partition.

2. In this new disk partion install only the sound drivers, video drivers, your board drivers and gear drivers (if you have it) and the VDJ or your personal dj mix system. Do not install any antivirus, antispyware, etc.. (for why? this softwares just works in your "normal" old partition) Go in your hardware devices and unmark any power manager of USB devices (in laptop users) and in Power Manager of Control Panel configure your machine to "Apresentation" state (so the windows do not power down your HD, video, etc...)

3. Customize your Windows GUI. Use the basic old Windows 2000 gui in the XP version (the skin like :Windows 98) because dont "force" the video/processor board (i see some WindowsBlinds skins with "eats" 64 MB of RAM !!!!!!) and disable any screensaver, mouse shadows, window and menu animations and set up the fonts to dont use any "smooth" border (are you a graphic designer?) ah! and dont apply any Wallpaper (your mix app will stay in full windows, buddy !!!)

I made this and my B-DJ (original software of BCD2000 mix board) running in a Celeron 1.5 Centrino & 512 Ram stay now:

a. Playing the music in this customized XP, all night with B-DJ, using the default effects, etc:
The system manager shows: 28 process / 132 MB RAM used, with high points of 198 MB RAM

b. Using in my "normal" Windows XP in my old partition, with all notebook drivers like Wi-FI, LAN, power manager, antivirus, firewall, a customized deskbar and a windowsblinds skin, JUST DONT MAKING NOTHING: The system manager shows: 60 process/ 367 MB RAM !!!!!!!!!!!!

I think with the better way is pesonalize your system to get a light system to your live sets.

Bharrabhaz
Brazil

Mensajes Sun 17 Sep 06 @ 9:50 pm
Hate to retop an old(ish) thread, but I've had similar problems where I'll be playing and go to load another song, and the display will freeze and the audio will keep playing (doesn't really help me because I still have to ctrl-alt-del to get out of it). I'd probably rather it crashed, because when I do give it the three fingered salute, it starts repeating the same bar over and over until I turn the power off.

Big problem! Fortunately, it's only happened at non-critical times... happened to me last night right at the end of the night when everyone was being kicked out - didn't really matter all that much.

Mensajes Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 1:04 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)