Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Best settings for Master Tempo for me?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi guy's - was out Live with VDJ 4.0 on saturday and done something a little silly....

All was working fine but decided to press keylock for the first time.

The sound paused for just under a second and then came back, and then when i moved the pitch slider the machine completely locked up (even mouse pointer froze).

I put on a CD and rebooted and the rest of the night was fine (didn't use keylock/mastertempo anymore).

My Master tempo settings are on the default i think (Advance/Complexity 3 : Spatilization 0)

Do i just need to adjust these settings until it no longer crashes? If so do i lower the complexity setting or just put it on Fast. My CPU runs very low while master tempo is off.

I'm using VDJ 4.0 on a 64bit 2ghz turion laptop. ATX x700 128mb graphics. 1 gig of Mem. USB external drive. MAYA 44usb, DAC-3. JPBoggis DAC-3 mapper. Default video skin (was not playing video at the time).

Sound card has safe mode unticked and set to out. Overclock it ticked. Scratch is set to Latenency and enhanced algorithm (35/Smooth filter tick).

48khz - 44 is set to lowpass Filter (filter taps 35, filter smooth ticked.)

Many Thanks

Mensajes Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 10:26 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Your CPU is certainly fast enough, but it sounds like the sound card couldn't handle the load at your settings. Try increasing the latency, and decreasing the Master Tempo complexity to 0.

Mensajes Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 10:53 am
Hmm, I was instructed to leave my latency on AUTO, as the maya44 has its own latency settings, But will try the complexity change.

Many Thanks.

Mensajes Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 10:58 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Every sound card has their own latency setting. I would still try different values from the performance tab.

Mensajes Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 11:05 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Nick - yes leave the Drop-down at Auto in VDJ, but go to the Maya control panel and change it one choice less from what you have.

Mensajes Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 4:51 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
nickgoodman wrote :
My Master tempo settings are on the default i think (Advance/Complexity 3 : Spatilization 0)

No these are not the default settings, default is the second pereset (from left to right) wich uses the fast but "safe" master tempo. This is the preset i recommend.
Just change the latency to auto and then set the latency directly from maya as usual. "Fast" or "rapid" works the best for me. The advanced master tempo is to "heavy" unfortunately.

Mensajes Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 5:08 pm
Thanks for all the help guys. I leave the Maya44usb on Auto now and turned the complexity of master tempo down to 0 (which still sounds great). No crashes now after several gigs. Very happy.

perhaps it would be benificial for newcomers to 4.0 if some kind of detailed instructions were written for each of the settings under the performance tab do - i.e.) The complexity setting ranges from 0-9 and depends on your processor power and/or sound card latency, this may give us an idea how to best set it up given our hardware, or at least a starter, (i agree some experimentation would still be required).

Loving VDJ....

Mensajes Tue 26 Sep 06 @ 2:54 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)