Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: 4.0 AUTOMIX unusable - Page: 2

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

sreillPRO InfinityMember since 2006
So... If I understand it, when forcefade is enabled, that sould override any cue points previously selected?
So... Why does a tune show an automix cue at the beginning then jump halfway into the tune?

Mensajes Fri 17 Nov 06 @ 3:56 am
^^^^^^^^ Same thing happens to me. Went back to letting it select them itself. Good thing I don't rely on this function.

Mensajes Tue 21 Nov 06 @ 2:16 am
I'm experiencing same problem reinstall did not fix the problem.
Does anyone have an idea how to solve?

Mensajes Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 12:31 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Mensajes Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 3:48 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
please every one ensure you have the latest Vdj

4.2 :)!

Mensajes Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 11:04 am
huettiHome userMember since 2007
hi from germany

i've the same automix-problem in vdj 4.2 demo.
i think the automix feature is great......if it works.

i've tried 2 different computers, on both the fault appears in vers. 4.2.
not in 3.4 !!!!

the "jump" comes after the mix, during the loading of the new track in the
not playing deck. CPU-load goes to 100%. an it depends of the song.
infernal-from paris to berlin is a good example for big "jumps"

please fix the problem, i like to buy your software, but automix must work.

greetings

hütti

( sorry for my bad english )

Mensajes Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 12:41 am
huetti wrote :
hi from germany

i've the same automix-problem in vdj 4.2 demo.
i think the automix feature is great......if it works.

i've tried 2 different computers, on both the fault appears in vers. 4.2.
not in 3.4 !!!!

the "jump" comes after the mix, during the loading of the new track in the
not playing deck. CPU-load goes to 100%. an it depends of the song.
infernal-from paris to berlin is a good example for big "jumps"

please fix the problem, i like to buy your software, but automix must work.

greetings

hütti

( sorry for my bad english )

How about updating your DirectX and make sure your all your drivers are up to date? With those done the automix works fine - with maybe the exception of adjusting your performance setting -- sorry to hear that automix is the only feature stopping you from purchasing?

Mensajes Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 7:26 am
hi
directx and all drivers are up to date. adjusting the performance-settings not solved
the problem. but i noticed that i must use the "save mode". without save mode there is
some noise in the music.
i've recognized that the music on my old computer ( P3 1Ghz ) "jumps" only once or twice.
on my new computer ( dual-core , 1Gb Ram ) the music "jumps" erverytime if serveral tracks are loading and the cpu load comes up to 100%.

question: why do vdj uses so much cpu load during the loading of a track ?
does it a normalization to 0dB music level on the fly ?
if the track is playing, my cpu load is nearly 2%.

and yes, the automix is an important feature for me. in the first hours of the night, if
the club is nearly empty, automix is a great help.
only two programs on the market can make a good beatlock automix:
vdj and mixmeister6. but mixmeister ist not good for live-mixing.
so i prefer vdj, i think it is the best software on the market.

but i don't like to spend 240 euros if automix does not work fine.

sorry ! i'm only honestly.

if you fix this problem ( and protect the settings in vdj with an password )
it would be the best software on the world ;-)

greetings

hütti

Mensajes Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 11:00 am
I have to agree with thw above post. I have stated a numbeer of times
that 3.4 worked fine in automix AND on much weaker machines. Then I buy much more powerful machines and expect a newer version 4.2 to work a lot smoother,
but the opposite is true. I guess, I, like him, expected a newer version to run easier,
(especially on a better machine) even on the same machines.

Mensajes Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 4:51 pm
hi

no ideas? are the programmers of vdj here on the forum ?

Mensajes Sat 06 Jan 07 @ 12:11 pm
huetti - is the demo you are using still the 4.1 demo? If so, then yes, there was a bug as you describe it and is resolved in 4.2. Also, you should not have problems with sound and having Safe Mode on. Did you say this is a laptop?

bryantpb - what are your problems? I have read some of your other posts but haven't kept up on them. Could you give me an idea of what problems you are still having?

Also, I use 4.2 and the AutoMix daily. At the club for the same reason huetti has described. There have never been issues. Also, from watching this one topic, I have found that sometimes it gets down to each unique machine and it's configuration to one solution is not necessarily the same fix for everyone.

Guys I will try to help the best I can.

cstoll

Mensajes Sat 06 Jan 07 @ 3:45 pm
Automix is not working properly since version 4.0
... e.g. just a few minutes ago, i automixed two techno tracks. The beats are not properly synchronised automatically... there is a small gap between the beats... by pressing the "sync" button while automix is in the middle of the mixing process, the beats are synchronised perfectly... why does'nt the software do this by itself? ... 3.4 did it!
... there should not be a reason to "manually" corrections during automix.

Greetz, DJ Mad.

Mensajes Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 3:23 am
I've had the same problem with automix starting 1/4 of the way through the song, and mixing out of them the same way.

Mensajes Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 4:29 am
@cstoll

version 4.2 have the same problem.
the problem occurs on a laptop and on a normal pc.
both have onboard soundcards.

what kind of setup do you use ?
special settings or regisry-hacks ?

@rebentisch

press the "B" on your keyboard, this enables "autosync"

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry huetti no email address is allowed from a demo user

Mensajes Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 2:50 pm
I have exactly the same problem with 4.2 and I've found that if I turn off the Safe Mode it does not jump in AutoMix upon loading a new track anymore but then there are glitches and noises in the track.

Mensajes Wed 07 Feb 07 @ 10:10 pm

Mensajes Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 7:24 am
As cstoll said make sure your DIRCTX is the lastest and greatest from microsoft downloads.

I use automix all the time but I only use it like a double CD player on "relay" just one track playing after another, no automatic functions whatsoever only crossfading.

I have My comp set up like this

All autocue/beatmatch/ disabled

Autogain set to - always 0
keylock enabled
pitch range +/-34%

Performance tab set to fastest
Auto latensey off
overclock off

I don't have any problems anymore with Automix. I only use it for when the club has the Pool Tournaments on Sundays when basically All that is reqiured is background noise untill the tourney's over and people want to party.

Mensajes Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 8:41 am
OK, Here is the latest. VDJ 4.2 AutoMix runs flawlessly on a desktop that has AMD Athlon 64 2.2 GHZ CPU, 512 MB of RAM, a primitive internal VIA video graphics with only 32 MB of shared memory and a simple Realtek AC97 audio card. On the other hand on a brand new IBM ThinkPad with Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GHZ , 1 GB of RAM, ATI Radeon video card with dedicated 512 MB of memory, and a SoundMax HD sound card, it either jumps by 50 - 60 seconds on the newly loaded track (if the Safe Mode is selected) or the sound has a lot of glitches and noise (if the Safe Mode is deselected) even at the lowest quality/highest latency setting. When AutoMix jumps on the laptop, the CPU is only about 50% engaged. On the other hand, during AutoMix transition, the CPU reading on the much less powerful desktop is 100%, yet there are no jumping or sound problems, with or without Safe Mode on, even at the high quality performance setting (the sound is crystal clear). Both machines have up to date Direct X and audio/video drivers. I have tried every suggestions in tweaking the settings of both the laptop's performance and VDJ 4.2, wthout any luck.

Earlier, I 've had a similar experience comparing the performance of VDJ 4.1 on two different HP laptops, one with an Intel Core Duo, and the second with an AMD 64 processor. The AMD machine was 2 years older but did run VDJ 4.1 without any problem. The newer one (with Intel CPU) skipped and jumped like crazy.

From this I make the following conclusions:

The forward jump in AutoMix with VDJ 4.2 most likely has nothing to do with excessive memory usage. It is probably a combination of chip set and audio card. The problem is somehow related to Safe Mode use but can not be fixed on machines with Intel Centrino CPU. Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me that AMD 64 processors (even if less powerful) work much better than Intel Centrino (Core Duo or Core 2 Duo) with VDJ 4.2.

Has anyone experienced problems with 4.2 AutoMix on an AMD 64 bit CPU computer ?

Mensajes Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 5:38 pm
Try this -- Set the performance slider to what ever setting you want. From the looks of what you describe set it to Best Quality
- on the Sound Card - Latency :: set to AUTO
- make sure the Safe Mode is UNCHECKED
- And below that in the SCRATCH set it to QUALITY and SIMPLE ALGORITHM

Now what happens?

BTW, all of my machines are AMD 64. I don't have the problems and neither are X2 or DUAL CORE.

Mensajes Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 11:07 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have settings as advised by skyfxl. Changed to what cstoll said. ALso fader set to 0.2 and it still jumps into the middle of tune. In addition it will delete songs from the auto play in the playlist on the right. In other words let's say I have 10 songs in autoplay mode. It will load the tunes and start auto playing. when it gets to the end of let's say the 4th song; instead of loading the 5th tune it deletes it from the list and loads the 6th tune. ALso still skipping.

Mensajes Fri 09 Feb 07 @ 5:33 pm
89%