Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: A little feedback about VDJ (vs Traktor) - Page: 2

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I just tried the Traktor Software ....Hmm I couldnt get it off my computer fast enough VDJ works stable enough for me to take to proffesional event
I trust it enough to not bring anything else but the PC alone

Mensajes Thu 22 Jul 04 @ 10:11 pm
@ dj-in-norway :

Glad to see ALLMOST full answer to my comparison.

Try to read my post again and you'll see that i also gave credit to VDJ.

I use 2 identicall laptops at my (pro) gigs and i've been using Traktor and PCDJ for over 3 years now while all the time checking other softwares as they develop.

Sory to inform you but it is not a question of "i like the sound or not" - Traktor sounds better and it is far more accurate than VDJ because of it's audio engine.

I have recently bought VDJ - just because i have noticed the ASIO support on it.

As a DJ for 15 years (6 of them with computers) and 6 years of owning computers company, i can tell you that any audio software that does not support ASIO is not concidered as PRO to me unless it has it's own audio engine.

As i have mentioned, VDJ is getting there... it will take time but for now, it is a nice supplement and for MY STANDARDS - can't be the main program.

As for stability - i must tell everyone here that from my live preformance expirience - where computers get hot, vibrated and streched to theyer MAX, Traktor is as stable as a rock while VDJ freaks out.

As for loops sound - try to find a song with a beat and vocal on it and loop it. Now move the tempo slider and LISTEN ! - do the same in Traktor - for the same song and i'm sure you'll hear the difference...

Guys, I AM using VDJ as backup and effects player but i'm sory, it is (still) not good enough for high standard PRO gigs.

My Specs :

1. Compaq EVO 1020N laptop, P4 (NOT mobile) 2.4Ghz, 512Mb DDR, 40Gb, Emagic's EMI 2|6 USB sound card,ALI chipset and ATI Video card. ( X2 )
2. Compaq NX5000 laptop, 1.4 Centrino, 512Mb DDR, 30Gb, Hercules USB, Intel chipset and Video card.
3. Desktop, Asus P4P800 Delux E, P4 3Ghz Prescot (1mb Cash), 1Gb Dual 400 DDR, 2x250Gb IDE 8Mb Cash + 120Gb SATA, GForce 128Mb.

Mensajes Fri 23 Jul 04 @ 11:44 pm
Stick with what works best for you, we'll stick with what works best for us.

Mensajes Sat 24 Jul 04 @ 2:57 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It's good that nobody is the same.
that means for the software to.And pc's,not to forget.
If everybody thinks the same way,there was just 1 pc and 1 software.one genre.and so on.
(Hmmmm.whe all had the same mixes to,not good)
My opinion is , Traktor is a good vdj better.
Both they have things to work on.Before I used vdj,I used traktor. And the only reason to make a move to another software was that ,when I tried to load tracks longer then 15 min. traktor crashes, or I had to wait for days. NOT GOOD.
I saw some things here what vdj couldn't do. WRONG.

Anyway.....good...... better...... best......

Mensajes Sat 24 Jul 04 @ 5:59 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Just a note to say that all the features available in Virtual DJ are not present on default skin until our competitors.

Virtual DJ handles a lot more trhan 9 cues but we have defined only 9 keys by default for this feature. (and we remind you that you're still free to modify kayboard mapping as you wish)

Mensajes Sat 24 Jul 04 @ 9:56 am
meskHome userMember since 2004
VDJ has more effects than Traktor...I think... I'm not an expert but I don't find them on Traktor !

Mensajes Sun 25 Jul 04 @ 12:16 am
like Yan-X says.... the key to use VDJ the most, is changing skin to a pro skin, that reveals all the great possibilities that vdj has... and thats a lot!!! :) a lot better than any other dj program! really!! i use it proffesionally, and would not have done so with any other dj program as of today

thats the truth!

Mensajes Sun 25 Jul 04 @ 1:11 am
can you guys email some of the add ons like the flippin doubles
etc please

Mensajes Sun 25 Jul 04 @ 5:36 am
even if u are pretty, dj pretty... lol... the only way is to register and buy the full version w/ all the benefits of that :)

sorry

Mensajes Sun 25 Jul 04 @ 12:43 pm
Here’s my unbiased opinion (I don’t own a copy of VDJ or Traktor):

After trying both demos, I give VDJ the edge because of its USER FRIENDLY INTERFACE! I was able to mix with VDJ without reading the instructions. On the other hand, I had a difficult time trying to use Traktor without the instructions. From an “Old School” perspective, I like VDJ’s uncomplicated and familiar look of virtual vinyl spinning on virtual turntables. Traktor looks very complicated and intimidating to use. I also visited NI’s Traktor forum to find out about bugs. At first, I was surprised to read the numerous problems users were having with Traktor. However, I realized that a software as complicated as Traktor will have many problems. Therefore, VDJ Development Team, PLEASE KEEP VDJ SIMPLE TO USE!

Double O

b.t.w. Just because a company makes some of the best music making software on earth doesn’t mean it can also make the best DJ software on the planet—which Traktor clearly illustrates in my unbiased opinion.

Mensajes Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 8:24 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
To put this as simple as possible...

use vdj with a pro skin and you'll find that virtual dj has many many more features than traktor....

at a cheaper price too..., traktor is like having virtual cds.

that being good, virtual dj has created a revolution rather than creating plain old virtual cd players....

they can't be compared so well because traktor is more simple...i used both and traktor has no depths below the surface...., but vdj has this feeling that doesn't take so long to pick up on..., some kind of smoothnes...

so trator for me is basic..., much like a traditional set-up on the computer..., whereas virtual dj team have taken it above and beyound

my biased opinion as vdj out perfomes traktor in the "what it can do" and "how well it does it" field....

virtual dj isn't industry standard but in an industry all on it's own.

Mensajes Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 8:47 pm
"A little feedback about VDJ (vs Traktor)"

After trying out both demos, I had to buy VDJ. Traktor is now in my "Recycle Bin."

OO

Mensajes Thu 29 Jul 04 @ 5:30 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Good choice; VDJ's the best

Mensajes Thu 29 Jul 04 @ 5:56 pm
I'm glad to see the feedback here - it means that we DJs think - not only act.

BUT

Guys - look at the posts all of you are posting in relation to comparing VDJ and Traktor :
Most of you say VDJ "gives you the looks and feel" of a dj setup !
Non of you tried to focus on the issiues collected here.

There is no doubt that VDJ is a GOOD dj program but it is still far from being stable and far from sounding as good as DJ setup should sound.

You are all correct when you say VDJ has more games (FX) than Traktor and that it looks simpler but i'm shure non of you used Traktor as i did and non of you really knows how it sounds or how stable it is or how flexible it can be if you know how to use it.
So ! i really like VDJ and the fact that an update is been published every month is driving it to the top faster than any other software i've tried BUT it still has long way to go...

Don't get me wrong - i use 2 laptops at my gigs and each with different software - 1 holds Traktor and the other holds VDJ - i use both but the MAIN is still Traktor.

Mensajes Fri 30 Jul 04 @ 3:28 pm
I'm glad to see the feedback here - it means that we DJs think - not only act.

BUT

Guys - look at the posts all of you are posting in relation to comparing VDJ and Traktor :
Most of you say VDJ "gives you the looks and feel" of a dj setup !
Non of you tried to focus on the issiues collected here.

There is no doubt that VDJ is a GOOD dj program but it is still far from being stable and far from sounding as good as DJ setup should sound.

You are all correct when you say VDJ has more games (FX) than Traktor and that it looks simpler but i'm shure non of you used Traktor as i did and non of you really knows how it sounds or how stable it is or how flexible it can be if you know how to use it.
So ! i really like VDJ and the fact that an update is been published every month is driving it to the top faster than any other software i've tried BUT it still has long way to go...

Don't get me wrong - i use 2 laptops at my gigs and each with different software - 1 holds Traktor and the other holds VDJ - i use both but the MAIN is still Traktor.

Mensajes Fri 30 Jul 04 @ 3:29 pm
The "far from being stable" part seems particularly strange. I hardly ever had a crash with VDJ. As for sound quality, it's more than sufficiant for a professional use. Many DJs think so and use it professionally on an almost daily basis.

Mensajes Fri 30 Jul 04 @ 3:40 pm
djmagicfingers..... u gotta be kidding??!!!??

I have Traktor, PCDJ FX, MixVibes AND VDJ running on my pc, just out of curiousity, and to compare..

Traktor sound better?? where do u get that from?
It does not!!!!! the only thing that MIGHT sound a bit better is the FX (giving the long history of the company)...

Man, what u are saying is pure crap.. sorry to say!! no harm intended ;) but it is..

I have used Traktor a LOT, and it dont come close to VDJ!
why? First of all Traktor (for me) is purly a dual cd-player software with some nice feature, I'll give it that.. But it dont come close to VDJ in the terms of flexibility, ease of use, and logics

I work as a pro dj, and have VDJ running together with my Pioneer cdj1000. Would not have any of the other software at a gig.. they DONT expand my possibilities, they dont seem like a logic "add-on" to my Pioneer set-up.. Traktor dont give me much more than my cd players, PCDJ gives me less, and Mixvibes just dont cut it..

What are the issues here? Sound? are u kidding?
Stability??? plain CRAP!! I have used VDJ MANY MANY times at my gig, NEVER had a crash, and thats a LOT more than I can say about Traktor, being sensitive to all kindsa things

Man, I just dont get it, sorry.. no harm intended...

And with the new timecode around VDJ even knocks the socks of Final Scratch.. AND YES there are users here that use, and have tried both...

""..best ever perfect vinyl control over mp3..." (quote Proto, timecode vinyls user)

The only one who would put VDJ down now, would be the competitors.. leading be to think.. but never mind.

AND I'm NOT saying this because I'm a member here. Not at all..

"Don't get me wrong - i use 1 laptops at my gigs and it holds VDJ - the other software at mention here, just dont cut it"

;) sorry... no hard feelings, but I disagree with u BIG time!! ;)

Mensajes Fri 30 Jul 04 @ 6:16 pm
Norway, don't let magicfingers get your blood pressure up. I know what you are thinking, but you have to remember that there are people who put software in crazy environments and then blame the software when something dosen't work.

Also remember what I told you before. There are 3 kinds of people in this world. 1. Those that lead 2. Those that follow & 3. Those that never get it.

You and I are pro DJs along with many others on this board and have been using VDj in Pro environments for at least a year with no real problems. So we know what the real deal is.

By the way, I'm in Florida this week, playing around with 2.01 and loving it ! Oh what joy ! VDj is king of the hill. Congratulations ATOMIX on a product that really works well !

Also I want to point out that not only do we have a great tool to work with, we have a great user community right here in the forum.

Mensajes Fri 30 Jul 04 @ 9:23 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
hmm don't know...

Maybe there are 4 types of this people in this world....

those that "reject" the whole lead and follow thing..., i don't want to lead, i will never follow, and yes i get it, but i just reject it...

hehe :)...loool..., good gig fellas ;)

Mensajes Fri 30 Jul 04 @ 10:33 pm
u said it digijoc-Mele ;)

i will remember those wise words, that are sooo true ;)

Mensajes Sat 31 Jul 04 @ 1:25 am
95%