Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: pitch problems...

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

nirtaubHome userMember since 2006
HI, i just upgraded to version 4.0

for some reason, whenever the tempo of a song is changed the sound is distorted (like an old fashion cosule). in version 3.2 i could change the speed of the song without changing the pitch of it.
i tried checking the manuel, but for some reason the part about the pitch and tempo is missing from the manuel ( the "deck control" section, numbers 9-11).
i guess there is probably a very simple answer to this, but i wasnt able to find it myself.
please......help......

Mensajes Wed 04 Oct 06 @ 5:36 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
How did you upgrade from a demo? If you bought the full version please enter your serial in your profile

Mensajes Wed 04 Oct 06 @ 5:49 pm
nirtaubHome userMember since 2006
yes, i downloaded the trial version.

Mensajes Wed 04 Oct 06 @ 5:52 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Try different Master Tempo settings under Performance tab (complexity & spatialization parameters with vaules 0,1, 2. warning: high values may freeze up your system!). It can be triggered on/off via "keylock" setting on the default skin (under the pitch slider), or by making a keyboard shortcut with either key_lock or master_tempo function under system section (they are basically the same, just that key lock uses the current pitch setting for time-stretching, and pitch can also be set independantly).

Regards.

Mensajes Wed 04 Oct 06 @ 7:08 pm
edsalPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey Exron,
I'm having the same problem. Just wondering what settings can be used, how high do they go, etc, for the complexity and spatialization?? Is it just 1, or can it be 100??? (just so you know, i've been having major problems, but disabling that keylock button and all of a sudden i'm at 100 percent efficency, but i like that function alooot!!!)

Thanks in advance!!!!

ED

Mensajes Thu 05 Oct 06 @ 4:54 am
Use the preset slider, from "fastest" to "best quality"... and find the setting that works for your PC :)
Turn off safe mode...
And try turning on and off overclock (will work good with some cards/pcs, not with others)

Mensajes Thu 05 Oct 06 @ 9:56 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
edsal wrote :
Hey Exron,
I'm having the same problem. Just wondering what settings can be used, how high do they go, etc, for the complexity and spatialization?? Is it just 1, or can it be 100??? (just so you know, i've been having major problems, but disabling that keylock button and all of a sudden i'm at 100 percent efficency, but i like that function alooot!!!)

Thanks in advance!!!!

ED

Hi Ed,

I agree, it's a useful feature but power-consuming. Try to see if there is any difference with the settings norway suggested, but to answer your question: as I read the forum, complexity goes from 0-3, while spatialization can be set from 0-5, but in my experience I wouldn't recommend using values more than 2 for both parameters (unless you have a VERY powerful computer). Try these combinations: 2/0, 3/0, 2/1, 2/2 (might already be hard for the system), 3/1.

If you are using the ASIO mode, you'll have to raise the latency in order to have a better sound (no crackles) with higher quality settings, but it will cost you of response time.

Two tips: if you'll be mixing harmonically, try having the keylock (or timestretch) enabled only on one deck at a time, so it will use as less CPU as possible. If you'll be adding timestretched acapellas or other instrumentals over the beat, simple algorithm is enough for public performance - it's less rhythm-accurate, but it won't be noticable because the deck on which the groove (kick, snares, high hats, other percussions) is won't be timestretched.

Hope it helps,
erXon

Mensajes Thu 05 Oct 06 @ 10:44 am
edsalPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey Erxon,
Thanks for the input. I'll give it a go and see if it makes any difference. If not, i'm still very happy that I got it sounding right. I'll just keep on trucking with or without it!!! Now, all I have to do is wait for the update so that I can use channels 3/4 and 5/6 on my sound card!!!

Thanks Alot!!

ED

Mensajes Fri 06 Oct 06 @ 1:09 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)