Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: DAC-3 Problem: Losing connection to PC..

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Guys, I had posted this info in the Plugins forum but I have found that it really belonged here (I thought it was a problem with the new dac-3 Dll file).

Original post:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/58101/Plugins/jpboggis_DAC3_dll_losing_connection_with_my_DAC3_please_help___.html

Here is the run-down of the problem:

At first, my DAC3 unit works fine. Until I move the pitch sliders all the way up and down (sometimes it takes several tries) on the DAC3, it then loses connection with the pc and all buttons stop functioning.

I found that I can make the buttons stop responding by spinning the jog wheels fast too.

The display keeps working fine showing the correct time elapsed. The problem is that when you press the buttons on the dac3 nothing happens.

If I unplug the usb cable on the dac3 and reconnect it, (that's after closing VDJ) then re-open vdj the dac3 works fine again until I use the pitch sliders on the dac3. Then the buttons stop responding again. The jog wheels do not respond either.

I have installed VDJ on a test pc and it works fine. I can slam the sliders and spin the jog wheels on the DAC-3 all day and it stays connected like it should. No problems at all. I tried it with ver. 4.0 and also with 4.1...
I also uninstalled VDJ and re-installed it on the problem PC and the problem persists. This is all without a .dll file to controll the DAC-3. I am using the native controll in VDJ for the DAC-3.

I have tried two different USB cables and one of those was the one that worked fine on the test pc. I've also tried different USB ports.

My specs: XP Pro w SP2; I have .NET Framework v. 2.0 installed. 1gig of ram in dual channel.

My DAC-2 works like a charm on this system, but not the DAC-3.

Sorry for the long post. If anyone could give me a hand with this I would appreciate it.

Killabee44

Mensajes Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 3:12 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You know it could be a voltage thing with your USB bus? Are all your USB ports clumped together? Implying that there is a common thread to all the USB ports, or are they spread out across different spots in the computer?

My line of thought here is that I have an X-Session and DAC2, if I try running them through an un-powered hub out 1 USB port, the X-Session just sucks wind from the DAC and the display will start blinking and functionality is lost. The X-session doesn't have it's own power and relies on the PC/USB for juice.

If you have a POWERED hub try running your DAC3 through that then to your PC.

cstoll

Mensajes Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 3:34 am
Good Idea... I have one. Will test and post back...

Edit:

I tried a powered USB Hub and the problem is still there.

Mensajes Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 3:37 am
Gotta be something in the USB communications. You tried on different machine and everything worked perfect. This machine is just not cutting it. OK. And you say it's only the left side?

Mensajes Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 4:16 am
No, it's both sides. I have looked at the administrator logs in the control panel and the only thing I see there is an error about the parallel port not starting. I looked at the bios settings and can't find an entry for the parallel port. I looked at the services under Admin options in the controll panel and don't see any services that would be related to that which were not started.

I am looking for driver updates for my MB and will update if available.

Mensajes Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 5:54 am
I updated all MB drivers and flashed bios to latest but the problem persists. It's definitely something with windows. Maybe a corrupt usb driver for the DAC-3 or something, but I would think that with a corrupt driver the DAC-3 wouldnt work at all.

I am getting closer and closer to a reinstall of XP...

Mensajes Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 6:56 am
At this point, I think your right. Sorry about the hassel of going through a reinstall, wish we could have found a better solution. Don't forget to make back-ups of your stuff - especially the XML file!

cstoll

Mensajes Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 1:14 pm
After re-installing XP and dealing with re-installing all the drivers and programs, my DAC-3 is working perfect. I never found out what the problem was, but it works now.

Thanks for all the sugestions.

killabee44

Mensajes Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 5:25 am
Like I mentioned - sorry you had to go through that mess. Glad to hear your up and running again!

cstoll

Mensajes Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 12:53 pm
Did you not try the advice I gave re a link to Microsoft Knowledge base USB troubleshooter in the other thread where you discussed this problem?

Mensajes Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 12:57 pm
Thanks Cstoll. It feels good to know that youre back up and running :D. Tophouse, I tried all of the ones at the link. Good possible solutions but none worked. Thanks anyhow.

Killabee44

Mensajes Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 9:21 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)