Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Transfering license from dying computer?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

mainedjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Just wondering if there is a way to transfer the VDJ license from my desktop pc to my laptop when I buy it in the coming weeks. I plan on using my desktop at the club until my laptop comes, and just want to be sure it will be all set, so I don't have to pay twice.
I thought replacing the hd would be the answer, but it still restarts by itself and takes 30 minutes to get to the log in screen! I am thinking it's either the mobo or processor, but I am very eager to use VDJ at the club before my laptop arrives!

Mensajes Sat 21 Oct 06 @ 1:52 am
It is my plan to use a laptop exclusively for VDJ, but again, I don't want to wait until November to be able to use it. (back ordered parts that I added to the lappy).

Thanks,
Jeff

Mensajes Sat 21 Oct 06 @ 1:54 am
Yes it is even possible to install it on both machines.
The VDJ licence is a per user licence, so you are allowed to install it on more than 1 pc, the only restriction is that you are only allowed to use it. See also disclaimer
Ewout

Mensajes Sat 21 Oct 06 @ 3:22 pm
So are you saying that if I buy, and dl it to my home pc, and dub around with it, I can still put it on my laptop(when it ever comes) and use it for my gigs?
If so...That's awesome>that beats the heck out of OTSDJ, where you need to purchase a new license for each machine.

Mensajes Sat 21 Oct 06 @ 5:15 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Yes.. that's what most of us do.
Even better you can have your music in many hard drives as backup (eg usb drives) without worrying about file paths and by just transfer your xml database file you're ready to play on the other pc with all of your cue points/comments etc.
File paths update if needed is just a minute or less on my pc's.

Mensajes Sat 21 Oct 06 @ 7:12 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)