Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: System Crashing - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Timmyg1978 wrote :
It didn't crash, but when I fast forward or rewind using my fingers over the TCV the sound still cuts out and drops in some places.

Timmy....

What I said above in this thread was focues on ONE thing:
- The "IRQ less than.." crash, that will result in a blue screen, in other words your PC crash because of a serious hardware/driver issue, in connection with IRQ's.

This is the ONE issue I tried to help you with..

Now, if you DON'T have a crash anymore, because you removed/reinstalled/disabled hardware or drivers, you have "fixed" that crash problem .....

But you have one more isse, that is audio drop-outs when moving tc real fast.
This might or might not be related to the same IRQ sharing.
Its probably happening because of this :

- Your u46dj soundcard talks to the CPU, like all other hardware on your PC.
- All hardware talk to CPU with a "phone-line" to the mother chip, by using IRQ's ("line").
- This is ordered by priority by lower IRQ's being more important, than higher.
- Each time u46dj talks to cpu, it gets an audio-buffer of data, and then process that.
- When trying to get next package of audio data, and the "phone-line" to the CPU is busy, the soundcard has to wait... If that wait is too long (run out of audio data), you will hear a pop/crackle or dropout.

In other words, there are two ways to "fix" this:
- Disable hardware, so that less devices talk to the CPU when mixing (such as Lan, WiFi and other things not needed)
- Make audio buffer HIGHER, by setting asio buffer data higher in the u46dj control pannel.

(by the way, latency in VDJ should ALWAYS be set to AUTO when using u46dj. And also try turing off and on overclock)

If you set asio buffer data high enough pop/crackes should be gone. But if your PC needs very high buffer (because of IRQ sharing), scratch will sound digital, and latency will be high.

So unfortunately, I'll kind of have to go back to the original advice:

- On your PC (Dell problem?) a LOT of hardware is sharing IRQ 16, INCLUDING usb port, graphic card, onboard soundcard.
- Therefore, try running with as FEW AS POSSIBLE usb devices for test (ONLY U46dj).
- And adjust asio buffer until drop-outs are gone

Mensajes Wed 25 Oct 06 @ 11:37 am
mainedjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
So was the problem with the Dell or the U46 DJ?

I am ordering this weekend, and want to be sure what I need to get to run flawless VDJ with a lappy with TCCD's.

:)
Thanks!
Jeff

Mensajes Sat 28 Oct 06 @ 4:26 am
The problem isn't Dell or ESI, as far as not being able to fix shared IRQ the problem is microsoft for not allowing the IRQ to be changed on XP. So far reinstalling the drivers did fix the crashing and freezing but the IRQ problem does remain after following all of norways instructions plus the ones found elsewhere on the web. In my google search I found Sony, Toshiba, Dell and many other XP users with the same IRQ problems, so that eliminates Dell, VDJ and ESI as being part of the problem. I'm hoping microsoft will release a patch to at least shuffle the numbers, but I'm not holding my breath. Honestly, when the MAC version is available I'm probably going to quit microsoft altogether and get a mac book pro;^]

Mensajes Sat 28 Oct 06 @ 4:37 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)