Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Serato & Virtual DJ?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Stupid question, and I'm sure it's been answered a hundred times, but I can't find the answer anywhere.

Can Virtual DJ interface with Serato? Because in the trial I have of VDJ, there is no "Serato" option under the possible "Remote Control" options - is it possible to use it? I'd like to know before I go off and buy Serato and VDJ.

Thanks!

Mensajes Thu 26 Oct 06 @ 5:15 am
Let me say I'm willing to basically use any piece of interfacing hardware between my turntables and virtualdj, but I'm also using it with video - so that's kind of important. I've even got a edirol mixer all lined up.

Mensajes Thu 26 Oct 06 @ 5:17 am
VDJ can be used with the SSL box (the SL-1). I've done it and it works great and sounds great. It's easy to set up. All you do is plug in your Serato Box (of course you need to install the drivers when you get it). Then open up Virtual DJ and look in the Config menu at the sound setup screen. In there VDJ will have picked up that you have the SL-1 connected, it will show up in the list with a nice picture too, and you can then select that as your soundcard.

Then just set up your outputs to your Edirol mixer and you're there.

The question probably is, though, whether spending £440 on the SL-1 is what you want to do. It's good and sounds good and will soon have ASIO drivers. On the other hand a soundcard such as a U46DJ or a Maya 44 works great too for a much lower price and you've got ASIO drivers straight away. It sounds really good too, especially with good quality music files. I've used both and I'm about to sell my SSL because VDJ is my preference. Theres nothing wrong with SSL, it's a fine piece of kit, but I just like VDJ for some of it's features and the option to use Video if I ever decide to.

Hope this helps. I've tried to be impartial, but I just prefer VDJ.

Mensajes Thu 26 Oct 06 @ 10:56 am
Yah Serato is definetely an amazing peice of equipment, but thier starting to fall behind by not having a master tempo upgrade and video djing features. I'm going to make the switch to VDJ for one reason...VIDEO!

Mensajes Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 6:24 am
Good to hear;)

Mensajes Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 8:52 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
:)

Mensajes Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 8:54 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)