Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: analyse crashing

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

ezyevsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have had problems for a while now with my laptop crashing when analysing tracks,but have only now just realised that it seems to happen only when i use "any music" rather than "house/techno".

Any ideas why this may be happening?

Mensajes Sat 28 Oct 06 @ 11:59 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
could be running into a bad mp3 file, or might have a really long filename

Mensajes Sun 29 Oct 06 @ 12:03 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
how big are you mp3 files:)

Mensajes Sun 29 Oct 06 @ 12:21 am
Doesn't seem to mater about size of files. Just analysed a couple of hundred songs using only the tecno/house function when analysing. If i use the "any music" function, my computer will crash within a few tracks.

Mensajes Sun 29 Oct 06 @ 12:36 am

Mensajes Sun 29 Oct 06 @ 12:46 am
sure it isnt over heating? full anylyse takes up alot of CPU

Mensajes Sun 29 Oct 06 @ 12:52 am
yeh thats a fair point

take alook at ur cooling

whats ur spec like?

Mensajes Sun 29 Oct 06 @ 1:09 am
It is definately a CPU usage problem. I have been monitoring it when virtual DJ analyses a track. It goes up to 100% alot when analysing tracks, i have just been watching it for the last 15 minutes when it hasn't crashed, and it only has gone up into the 70's.

Problem is, i don't really have enough PC knowledge to know what all of this means and how to fix it(if i can). I only use this program as a hobbie, so it's not life or death, but since the crashing started, i have been using the progrm rarely.

Mensajes Sun 29 Oct 06 @ 2:23 am
Its always gonna be high when anylizing, just make sure it isnt hot if it crashes again try to look in your bios for temperature

Mensajes Sun 29 Oct 06 @ 2:46 am
the any music bug has struck again....

analysing bout three hundred songs and then...KABOOM!!

the funny thing was that i was using cel/cstoll's plugin, the database something or the other..( the exe is called runVDJ)

and then i had to force close vdj, and the plugin was all like updating verifying and bla and shut down..

i was kicked.. like yeah!! crash..no problemo...plugin is here to save the day..

BUT BUT BUT...

as you've probably guess...pfffft...nothing..

so back again..

temme something...

if i selected the techno/house option for music other than techno/house...will the analysis come wrong?? coz there's no 4/4 pattern??

cheers

...not ranting..just wanted to be semi-humorous...lol :))

DJ Rudra

Mensajes Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 6:02 am

Mensajes Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 5:35 pm
300 hundred songs should not be a problem at all to anaylize, I've had mine on for a week straight before (had its own AC pointed at it) recently i have been scanning for 2 days without stopping, actually i stop every now and then to save just in case.
next time yours stops see if you can tell what the problematic folder is theres probably a bad file somewhere in there

Mensajes Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 5:56 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)