Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: ATT: CYDER or other Teamers (important)

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey Cyder (or other teamers),

you are the one to ask...

I am sure by now you are familiar with my unresolved video studder problem (minor, not major)...

When a .vob is playing and another one is loaded the vob playing out to the crowd (on 12 large screens)slightly pauses.

This also happens slightly upon a sonique playing and changing the transtion, etc.

AFter much analysis of this, it is really not that the driver or directx has to be updated it is CPU related.

This is a new XPS 1710 lappy
2.31ghz
NVidia 7900GTX.

VERSIOn 4.1!!

The pauses are directly realted to a CPU jolt or a slight pulling of CPU to load th next video (or sonique)

it is weird that if I load another video over a video that is waiting there is no pause (i would think it would still pull CPU).

Anyway, here are my questions.

1) Does your VMIX skin use any significant more CPU that might cause my problem?

2) Should I go back to other skin (i really don;t want to), but I want the pauses to dissapear.

3) Does 4.1 use any more CPU and that could be the reason it is more noticeable in the last 3 weeks?

4) What are some major things i can do to reduce CPU so when I load a vob there is less or not jolt in outputting video? I have NO other programs running in background and only have 32 processes total on the system running. Clean as a whistle

5) Are the .vob's needing too much CPU and I will have to change all my videos to somthing else??

Thanks for any specific help. Either in performance settings and/or from your expertise.

B

p.s. Here is soemthing to note: I also have a gateway desktop (about 2 years old). I replciated the situation there and on it is a different video card and obviously diff specs.

BUT what is the same as my lappy are

** VDJ 4.1
** same exact .vobs.

THE SAME problem takes place on the gateway desktop.

Mensajes Sat 04 Nov 06 @ 8:39 pm
Do you have the VOBs on the direct Harddrive, or on a USB Plugin device ?

Mensajes Sat 04 Nov 06 @ 9:04 pm
I have all my .vobs on my 500 gig Western Digital via USB 2.0.

I really now believe this is HIGH CPU issue,

I just have to learn what I can do to reudce high jumps to 80% CPU or slight hits of red once in a while.

Hopefully I will not have to convert .vobs.

thanks for your response

:-)

B

Mensajes Sat 04 Nov 06 @ 9:08 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hoffman wrote :
I have all my .vobs on my 500 gig Western Digital via USB 2.0.

I really now believe this is HIGH CPU issue,

I just have to learn what I can do to reudce high jumps to 80% CPU or slight hits of red once in a while.

Hopefully I will not have to convert .vobs.

thanks for your response

:-)

B

try to lower your proformance tab

preferences > proformances

if possible move the videos to your internal drive

Mensajes Sat 04 Nov 06 @ 9:09 pm
How do i put a picture here of my screen? I know how to use prt scrn to copy the screen and paste in WORD, but How do I paste here in the web site?

I read the disclaimer, went to copy a picture of my screen and when I went to paste it here- it can't paste.

The perfORMANCE slider should go to the left TO HELP GET MORE cpu?

Mine only goes in increments OF 4. iS THIS NORMAL?
thanks.

B

Mensajes Sat 04 Nov 06 @ 9:38 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
use www.tinypic.com

move it all the way to fast

Mensajes Sat 04 Nov 06 @ 9:46 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)