Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Turntables and VDJ.. what else would I need?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

DJgueroHome userMember since 2006
If I have 2 turntables w/time coded vinyl and VDJ.. what else would I need use this setup? I know I I would need a mixer, do I need any certain kind? I've seen Numarks Virtual Vinyl but it is pricey and their CUE software looks EXACTLY the same as VDJ.

Thanks

Mensajes Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 6:21 pm
alx2kPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you need an ASIO soundcard.
maya44, esi u46dj, hercules djc mk2 and behringer bcd2000 are know to work with TCV.

also there is a creative soundcard that works too, but a lot of people in the forums use the ones above.

doesn't matter what mixer you use. but mainly it works like this: more expensive... better...
I'm using a denon dn-x100 and works flawlessly.

OF COURSE YOU NEED AN ORIGINAL REGISTERED VDJ COPY.

with all that you'll be able to dj with VDJ +TCV.

Mensajes Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 6:39 pm
Thank you very much! so to make sure I have this right....I've been looking and I could get..

Maya44
Any mixer
VDJ
2 Turntables

and I'm good to go, right? One last question... The signal path is like this right, turntables into mixer, then to Maya44, then to computer?

Bet you couldn't tell that I was new to this huh? hehe

Thanks for your help

Mensajes Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 6:57 pm
alx2kPRO InfinityMember since 2004
maya 44 is discontinued, maybe you can find it on ebay or some stores. u46dj would be an alternative too.

signal path goes:

Turntable 1 -----> maya 44 (u46dj) line 1 (in)
Turntable 2 -----> maya 44 (u46dj) line 2 (in)
maya 44 (u46dj) line 3 (out) -----> mixer line 1
maya 44 (u46dj) line 4 (out) -----> mixer line 2

if you want to mix vinyls too, you should buy an Y cable, conect one end to the TT, another to the soundcard and the last one to the mixer phono in.

schematic goes like the one in this blog:

http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/Dams/blog738.html

Mensajes Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 7:11 pm
Yes! that clears it up perfectly! I was going to get the MK2 but I think I would rather use old fashioned turntables, because I can pick those up pretty cheap at local pawn shops. Here in deep south texas there seem to be more pawn shops than normal and it seems more DJs than normal. So add those together and the only things I need to buy new is the VDJ and the maya44 or equivalent.

I assuming that this setup will do everything that you could do with a mouse on VDJ. Except for stuff like effects and such?

Really, thanks for your help. Anybody that I know local that does any DJ stuff hasn't even thought about moving to digital stuff yet. and I try to look this stuff up on the net but, I haven't got the terminology down yet so I end up searching for the wrong stuff.

Mensajes Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 8:37 pm
DAJA1Home userMember since 2006
hey guys i really like the setup on the blog given above, i use a trial version at the moment and i'm planning to buy one but at first i wanted to know where would i buy those wires and sound card?? would i be able to get them from here?? or i can get them in any shop?? please let me know.

DAJA

Mensajes Sat 18 Nov 06 @ 3:08 pm
just go to google and type in u46 dj and by it off ebay, ebay has a few
im not sure about the wires tho, maybe someone can help u.

Mensajes Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 9:54 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)