Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Creative Labs Extigy USB card okay? Latency?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello,

I've been using a USB Extigy sound card for previous software I have used. I am waiting on funds for a bit, to purchase VDJ, and am trying to make sure I have useable hardware for it.

I've been trying the demo on my desktop with a Creative Labs Audigy (MP3+, version 1), and it sounds quite good, but the Audigy is also ASIO compatible. I've heard that non-ASIO sound cards are not sounding too good with Virtualdj 4. I think a lot of the complaints have been by people trying to use crappy builtin sound cards, rather than anything aftermarket, which I don't think sound too good anyway.

Anyway, I was wondering how an Creative Labs (Sound Blaster) Extigy USB sound card will sound with Virtual DJ v4. I assume I will loose some latency performance, but how about sound quality?

As far as the latency issue, will it be really laggy? Would I be okay with a 512 (11ms) setting with a USB Extigy card?

Also, what about the PCMCIA Audigy 2 cards? Do they get any bleedthrough from CDROMs spinning up, and will they do ASIO?

Mensajes Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 8:41 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
should be fine :)

if you set latency to auto

Mensajes Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 9:54 pm
xapeltPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have one extigy Audigy 2 Zs Pcmcia and its sound very good in asio mode,
sometimes i conect to a pionner DJM 800 at 2 chanells.
Normaly i put the latency 20-40 ms in the sound setup,
and in performance i put in the midle - 512 (11 ms)
You must try in your system.
bye

Mensajes Fri 10 Nov 06 @ 4:31 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)