Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Nvidia Go 7600

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

djkikePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Is anybody playing videos at laptop with 7600 video card?
Does it works properly? stops or freezes? can you scratch with TCV without freezing?
I'm gonna change my laptop and need information about this card
thanks

Mensajes Thu 09 Nov 06 @ 11:37 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006

I have it with my laptop and it works ok. First I had a lot of cracks and pops but they disappeared after driver update. Only working drivers can be found here:
http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/

I Don't have TCV and I don't sratch. But I have DAC-3 and if I spin fast forward or backward (and another video playing on the other deck), both the video and sound wobbles because my CPU goest to 100%. But otherwise no jumps, pops etc. If I do basic back & forward scratch it works well.

Still it's the only video card i have tested so I have no idea if it could be better...
Hope this helps

Mensajes Fri 10 Nov 06 @ 12:59 am
yes it helps, thanks a lot.
wich cpu have your laptop and how much ram?

Mensajes Fri 10 Nov 06 @ 1:10 am

Mensajes Fri 10 Nov 06 @ 10:47 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
have u tried lowering your proformance tab?

preferences>proformances

fast < quality

Mensajes Fri 10 Nov 06 @ 11:44 am

Well, actually I haven't. But i don't want to give up with the advanced master tempo. There is so clear audible difference between low performance and high. Especially if you do harmonic mixing and you have to change the key you can hear a big difference.

Everything works flawlessly if I don't spin the record very fast. And I have never a real reason to spin like that :)

Mensajes Fri 10 Nov 06 @ 3:28 pm
Did anytime VDJ closed to you suddenly (error or smiley popup) when spining fast?

Mensajes Fri 10 Nov 06 @ 11:05 pm
No... never. Just wobbling sound and video. But I have dac3, not tcv or tccd.

Mensajes Sat 11 Nov 06 @ 3:00 pm
OK thanks a lot... seems 7600 would work for me.
now i use 7400 but as it has no internal video decoder its giving me lot of problems.
ATI x1600 seems also real good but still price is higher so i would go for a 7600

Mensajes Sat 11 Nov 06 @ 11:13 pm
I would still suggest ATI x1600 just to be sure that everything works. Even if 7600 works fine I have feelin that it could be a little bit better and not sure does it work well with turntables...

I have had only two video-gigs (around 5 hours) so far and everything has worked flawlessly. But at the end of the gig video card has been very hot (left side of laptop is almost untouchable) and made suspicious would it work any longer.

Another problem I just noticed is that if you minimize VDJ-screen during playing videos that causes always crack/pop to sound and loading screen on video. Also you cannot do anything with the rest of the windows system because mouse go wild and jumps around. The only way to get back is alt+tab and when VDJ screen is again maximized, everything works again. That is a real problem if you wish to use some other program during gig. Hmm?

Also it is quite hard to find suitable driver for nvidia go series for laptop because there is not official driver versions, just dozens of unofficial drivers with different pros and cons.
(check www.laptopvideo2go.com/ to understand it).

How easy is to change video card from laptop if you are not happy? Is it possible anyway?

Mensajes Sun 12 Nov 06 @ 11:33 am
What you mean by minimize video screen? are you using hardware acceleration option? Vide screen should appear directly on projector indepently from desktop. Do you enable windows extended screen?
In other way, i use 7400 for hours, not so hot (sony vaio) but problem loading videos as 7400 has no internal mpeg decoder... is that temperature form video card or from laptop cpu?

Mensajes Mon 13 Nov 06 @ 9:43 am
I was talking about minimizing the VDJ program window (the skin!). I can't use any other program than VDJ while playing videos. I think the problem is about the resolutions between VDj skin and the rest of the windows system and may be fixed from display options. Strangely the problem exists only when i play video, not when playing mp3s.

About the overheat problem, I just did some reasearch, and I think the issue is not releated to graphic card but my laptop model. See: http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?p=1534344#post1534344

Mensajes Mon 13 Nov 06 @ 2:27 pm
mainedjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have the 7600 go card, and when I maximize the video display of what's playing, it shows it for a second or two, and then it shows the text "loading" and then it minimizes it.

Mensajes Mon 13 Nov 06 @ 11:02 pm
try selecting "geforce go 7600" instead of "window" at video setings. You must have video output conected for that, then the card selection appears. RUns smooth

Mensajes Sat 18 Nov 06 @ 1:25 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)