Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Hardware Acceleration (video card) help needed

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi,

For a while I had a slight pause in the video which was outputting when I loaded the other .vob video.

yesterday i went into HARDWARE ACCELERATON of the NVIDIA card (which was at maximum) and I lowered it 2 notches. Miracoulsy my problem disappeared. Now when a video is playing out and I load anothe .vob there is no effect to the output video.

great, but...

I did now notice that when I spin the platter back of the video NOT playing, there is a slight affect to the outputted video. Sort of what was happening originally, but instead of on load now it is when I spinning the other platter back to get it ready.

I went into the NVIDIA HARDWARE ACCELERATIOn tab to give me 1 notch more, and the backspin problem is not there but I am back to my slight pauses in the output video upon load.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a middle ground here? (of course I have hardware acceleation clicked on in VDJ as well)

Dell 1710 XPS lappy
NVidia 79OO GTX.

Thanks,

B

P.S.!!! my friend just bought a new laptop with an ATI video card Radeon 1400 and it doesn;t have either one of these problems and is perfect!.

Mensajes Fri 17 Nov 06 @ 7:50 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
The effects will work right with hardware accel on..and it's better to have it all the way up on the card

Mensajes Fri 17 Nov 06 @ 8:17 pm
Thanks-

that doesn't help much.

Please read above.

The problem happens when H.A. is at the most on the nvida card. When lowered the problem goes from a glitch on load to a problem when cueing up the next video.

is this just an ATI vs. NviDIA thing where ATi works percfct with virtaul DJ and Nvidia has some acceleration/driver issues?

Dell has no idea how to help.

I did update the newest driver and VDJ went bonkers-terrrible, I went back.

Mensajes Fri 17 Nov 06 @ 8:46 pm
What happens if you set the hardware accel slider to full and backspin?
I tried on a older fx5600 and it seems fine check if your video irq is conflicting with another

Mensajes Fri 17 Nov 06 @ 8:50 pm
how can I check the video irq conflict?

When accel is at most there are no issues with backspin. The original issue happens- slight pause to outputting video upon loading of video in cue. When I lower NVIDIA H.A. the glitch problem moves from happening when I drop video in cue to backspinnin in cue.

This is hard.

Mensajes Fri 17 Nov 06 @ 9:29 pm
start//all programs//accessories//system tools//system information you can find the section for conflicts there under hardware resources

Mensajes Fri 17 Nov 06 @ 9:42 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)