Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: VERY technical question for a pro...

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
When you have VDJ using the function where it goes through your list on the right and loads and blends them into each other by itself (automix?), how does (or does it) VDJ UNLOAD the track prior to the next one being dropped (therefore by passing the security question)?

The reason I ask is, when I drop a video over another in cue i still get the hesitation in the ouptutted video. This does not happen when VDJ is doing it by itself.

I WISH i could unload the prior one easily like VDJ seems to do on its own when loading/playing//mixing in auto mode. This would solve my 2 month slight video hesitation (NVIDA related?) problem that my audience sees on 12 large screens.

Thanks for telling me.

B

Mensajes Mon 20 Nov 06 @ 1:28 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hoffman - VDJ stops the track then loads the next track. Now unless someone from the DevTeam posts something different, this is the way it works. I highly recommend not disabling the security which allow you to drop tracks on a PLAYing track, if this is what you are doing then it only makes sense as to why you get the hesitations.

cstoll

Mensajes Mon 20 Nov 06 @ 1:58 am
Hey C,

I have security set to ASK. It asks: "a song is playing on this deck, are you sure you want to stop it?"

on the deck not playing out, I say yes, load the next one, and slight hesitation to video seen by audience. THis doesn;t happen during auto mix (early night) which made me ask what the difference would be.

I do believe that when I say yes to the question, that is different than VDJ unloading the track first- here I am simply loading it and and kicks the old one out, thus hanging up the system for 1/8 sec.
(i know you think this isn't a big deal), and you said you experience this but I have 12 large screens and 40-60 times pernight it should work better (just like my friends ATI card).

C- would you say I have spent enough time and all help has been offered, and I should return my entire system for one with an ATI card?

what video card do you use?

Thanks for your patience.

B

p.s. NOTE TO DEVELOPEMENT TEAM: when you say YES to the security question, have it UNLOAD the previous track!!!!!

Mensajes Mon 20 Nov 06 @ 4:18 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Well.. if we are talking about that security question (pop-up). I would really like to see it in skin style, not usual windows XP window style. It sucks! Make pop-up window in style of VDJ 4 skin! It should be black with nice black (gray) buttons. It strange to mix and "windows" pop-up appears. The same is with analyse function. Make those pop-ups colored please :)

and yes, possibility to put song back to playlist woild be nice, but i think there is already "unload" function that put song back. check shortcuts.

ok it's a little off-topic, but if you like i can put it in new features forum.

Mensajes Mon 20 Nov 06 @ 11:54 am
Hey xeon,

You may be confused by the unload function I meant.

Unload, seems to take out the video ont he deck prior to putting the new one in, as opposed to dropping in the new one over it, then the old one gets replaced. This is 2nd way is where my ongoing pause problem takes place.

Unloading clears it up.

I agree with you, there is a shortcut that can be made, but I'd have to hit a shortcut key every single time I wanted to load the next video- I wish there was a better way.

B

Mensajes Mon 20 Nov 06 @ 2:39 pm
djvintaPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have the samme issues with video outuput freezing for a brief moment when I load a new video.
I really don't have the feeling that this only happens when a new video is dropped on a playing video.
I used to think this happened when the video was cued to the last cue position, but I can't say that this is what happens.

Anyways, I hope this will get fixed sometime. I wouldn't mind if the videos took a few more seconds to load if it could fix this problem.

DjVinta

Mensajes Mon 20 Nov 06 @ 5:16 pm
@DJvinta,

let me guess... NVIDIA card?

We have a small team of users talking on the phone soon to help get to the bottom of this.

so far this gets rid of it... Unload the previous video first (must make shortcut and this would be annoying to do all night) and ATI card seems perfect.

Hope you can join us!

B

Mensajes Mon 20 Nov 06 @ 5:44 pm
also I forgot to add.
this also elimiates it but

-I reduced the HARDWARE ACCELEARTION in the NVIDIA settings and it went AWAY BUT then when I back cued and got the next video ready (using TCCD), the outputed video was slightly affected.

Mensajes Mon 20 Nov 06 @ 6:02 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hoffman,

I do use an NVidia card and ATI card. If you want to know my preference it would be the ATI.

I don't disagree with what you are saying, it's very valid issue - however - it is performance of the hardware and not software - IMO.

Now could the software code be looked at and possibly optimized in some way to bring down the frequency of it? Sure.

Suggestion - in the Bug thread you started could you put links to the several threads you've created on this topic. That way everything discussed is able to be referenced in one location.

cstoll

Mensajes Tue 21 Nov 06 @ 1:06 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Which configuration of PC do you use?? I use an N-Vidia 6600GT with 128MB and works like a charm.

ATI is more firendly on this, but N-Vidia is faster, I like to know what is your curent configuration because I have no problems with N-Vidia.

Mensajes Wed 22 Nov 06 @ 6:22 am
@Cstoll, I don't believe it to be a VDJ problem, and I have never thought my 7900GTX card to be bad either.

I truly know this is a way that the Nvidia card is working witht the VDJ software. It is perplexing.

@ ACW-

You are actually the first one to come out and say they use NVidia card and mix videos on a nightly basis, and are aware of the outputting video without any pauses or hiccups to what the audience sees.

Most of the people that say they are hesitation free either use ATI or after talking to them more, don't even use VDJ for extensive video mixing, or they say they just "never looked" or they say "it's not a big deal."

Anyway, my goal has been to find someone that has an Nvidia card, does a lot of video thorughtout the night, and is aware of the ouput video and has not a single hesitation or pause.

What exactly can I tell you about my current configuration? In VDJ or the NVidia settings?

In VDJ, it is all defaulted. I have tried every single configuration, option and setting and change of .vob to mpeg etc., but to be honest it runs absolutely perfect except for this thing that hangs up the video that the audience sees when you load the new one over the old one. That is why Cyder was so nice to make a way to UNLOAD since this will go around the problem.

I would love to figure out the true reason/fix and would love to know why a friend's new laptop as well (same exact specs, .vobs and computer company), but has an ATI card with half the memory doesn;t even hiccup when loading.

THE only 2 things that stopped this video problem are

1) when I lowered the acceleration hardware in the Nvidia settings. But then when I spun the CD player back to get it ready in cue, it affected the ouputted video. SO the problem just moved.

2) when I unload the prior video first. (thanks to cyder for helping here)

If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to work on this with you so it would help me, others with the problem and future users.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Barry

Mensajes Wed 22 Nov 06 @ 6:02 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
I think 2 factors are the must important here.

1.- I use to work with an ATI X600 Pro before I change to an N-Vidia 6600GT with 128MB. The video card it's better but it isn't a default configuration what i made to make my N-Vidia card work well.

2.- I use an Intel based computer running in DDR2 at 800MHz and an Intel 940 Pentium D processor (3.2GHz, dualcore, FSB 800MHz, 2x2MB cache)

I have before this an Intel based PC with chipset 915GUX and Intel 540 Pentium HT processor (3.2GHz, Hyperthreading, 1MB cache, FSB 800) with DDR2 at 533MHz and i have to say that my videos load slow. Today it loads just like another mp3.

Mensajes Thu 23 Nov 06 @ 5:21 am
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I don't have these problems with my laptop, which has the mobile version of a Radeon X300... but it's a little slow with the visualizations and such. I want to build myself a nice, shiny new computer that is much faster, and was wondering what the best card for it would be.

For gaming, the 7600GT seems to be a good value, and I presumed it'd be more than enough for the video and visualizations that I do with virtualDJ. Given the issues in this thread, can anyone say that they have experience with this line of cards? Certainly ALL Nvidia cards wouldn't have such problems...

Mensajes Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 10:08 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)