Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: CPU usage exceeding 100% and freezing.

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

kc10guyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Since installing 4.1 my VDJ has been freezing and I didnt know why. My search has revealed that during the mix the CPU usage is topping out at 100% and then freezing. In the past there would be a rise but never that high. My machine is a 3200 Mhz AMD with 512 Ram so it cannot be the machine. Your thoughts please.

Mensajes Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 8:01 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you have a fast processor yes

but in relative figures a small amount of ram

so try lowering your proformance tab

Mensajes Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 8:06 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I am having similar problem on my AMD based laptop. Even when no songs are loaded, I takes 30% of the CPU. Something else is going on, and I haven't figured it out. I get 0% cpu usage on my other Intel based laptop. I didn't get this problem before.

Mensajes Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 7:21 am

Mensajes Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 12:07 pm
Try diableing the video acceleration in your video card settings. laptops have a problem with that issue. Your cpu should stop maxing out after that.

Mensajes Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 5:23 pm
not sure if thats related aslo becareful with this setting because im told in some cases it can make it worse

Mensajes Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 5:32 pm
have you run a full disk derag recently?

dont use the built in one with xp its useless

try www.diskeeper.com

Mensajes Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 5:33 pm
I am talking about your display settings in the control panel. Go to settings then advanced and under troubleshooting run the hardware acceleration slider all the way over to the none position. This will reduce the load on the cpu.

Mensajes Mon 27 Nov 06 @ 4:18 am
kool see what you mean that should help

run a defrag aslo to be sure

Mensajes Mon 27 Nov 06 @ 10:49 am
ALI11CUE userMember since 2006
Hay did that setting work cause i'm having a problem after 1 hour of play my vdj freezis up too soo i am going too try that and see what happens. my specs are 2g ram, AMD turion dual core, 120 gig hd and 1.8 g hertz hp pavillion 9010 series

Mensajes Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 4:04 am
I'm using VDJ 3.2 with the MkII, when ever I use the effects it crashes also after about two hours it freeze can anyone help?

Mensajes Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 11:51 pm
Also, if you have video preview windows that are active on your screen, they may pull some CPU power too. even if no decks are playing.

Mensajes Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 12:26 am
When I just start up VDJ, and use the effects it still crashes I think it's a software problem.... I've been only using the my laptop in the bed room which isn't too hot.........

Mensajes Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 12:32 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Are you using the Hercules DJC mapper? There is a bug with that where when you enable it in WDM (non-asio) mode, it uses a whole lot (if not all) of cpu. The workaround is to always be sure that VDJ starts in asio mode and then change it to WDM (standard) mode once it is started. This means always switch the Hercules to asio before cloing the program. Changing the mode is done under the 'sound card' tab of the setup screen.
DJ Cel says he will be coming out with a fix for the mapper, but the workaround works ok for me for now.

Mensajes Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 8:42 pm
he shoudlnt be as hes a home user ;)

Mensajes Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 8:49 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)