Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Crusoe Processor?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Anyone tried Virtual DJ with Transmetta based processor? how did it work? what speed was it?

Mensajes Sun 01 Aug 04 @ 1:57 am
** I've got 39 minutes left on this auction, pLease IS anyone out there with a Transmetta Crusoe based machine running VDJ??

Mensajes Sun 01 Aug 04 @ 2:19 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
sorry never even heard of one of those

Mensajes Sun 01 Aug 04 @ 5:03 am
auction ended and I didn't win it

Crusoe processors are very energy efficient. Transmeta Crusoe processors are low-power microprocessors typically used in laptops and tablet pc. The processor is based on an advanced VLIW core architecture and a software layer called Code Morphing™ software. The Code Morphing software acts as a shell that surrounds the VLIW core but resides beneath the operating system morphing or translating x86 instructions to native Crusoe instructions

(It emulates a real processor) which means they may have problems with some applications

I was just curious

Mensajes Sun 01 Aug 04 @ 5:19 am
As a computer technician myself, I could honestly see a Crusoe CPU completely choking while running VDJ. I have a couple of clients who own and use these cpus on a daily basis and let me tell you - it's not pretty :) the software emulation that's involved within the CPU itself to perform tasks causes a considerable slowdown compared to using an AMD or Intel CPU. the trade off with these cpus is performance for much better battery life.

simply put, the Crusoe simply doesn't have the horsepower to run VDJ very well - at least I would assume so because just navigating around the OS (Windows 2K/XP) is a task within itself. you could definitely try, but i'm willing to bet that it just wouldn't do it right.

Mensajes Sun 01 Aug 04 @ 9:08 am
djtrickHome userMember since 2004
I suggest everyone who is bying a laptop to get a REAL Pentium 4, not a Celeron, because of bigger cache that is very important for VDJ and other apps. Any AMD is also a option, because they don't use Duron processors for laptops. Crusoe is not a option...

Mensajes Sun 01 Aug 04 @ 9:53 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)