Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: MKII and VDJ 4.1r2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I've had my MKII for about a year now and am planning on upgrading to VDJ Pro and some TVCs. I have a couple questions. I recently downloaded the new demo of VDJ to test out its compatibility with my Hercules and noticed some subtle differences in the layout of the software. At first glance all seemed well until I clicked on the effects section. Why is it that only one effect can be used via the MKII at a time, whereas with my DJC edition all three can be used? Is it like this only in the demo? Is there a way to map around this in the Pro vesion? I have grown very fond of of combining effects to achieve some unique sounds and have always been able to do so quickly and intuitively with my current setup.
Secondly, if I do decide to get the TVCs, can I still use my MKII to control loops, playback, effects, cues, pitch, volume, samples, etc of my music in VDJ? I would pretty much be getting the TVCs for the feel and scratching abilities...
And lastly, I plan on picking up a pair of Numark TTX turtables. Anyone have any expierince with these? I've heard they are just as good as (if not better than) traditional 1200s...
Sorry I realize alot of questions but considering this is an investment for me, I want to make sure its a good one. Thanks so much for any help!!! :)

Mensajes Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 3:21 am
your right you can only select one effect but you can map keys, yes you can still use all the feathers on the MK2 as you did before, as far as the turntables these will work for you but they are not 1200s, hope that answers some of your questions

Peace

Mensajes Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 9:38 am
Thanks for the info! When you say map keys I am assuming you mean keyboard keys not buttons on the Herc right? It seems to me that it would be difficult to deactivate one effect (ex: a filter) on the Herc and also another effect (ex: a delay) on the keyboard simultaneously with one hand if the other hand is using the mouse to control parameters. This is a combo of effects I like to use and then cancel both out right as the beat drops. It seems that this will now be impossible in VDJ 4.1r2 unless all FX can be mapped to the Herc or all to the keyboard (which defeats the purpose of the Herc as an FX contorller). Why the change in the effects interface this time around, VDJ?
Also, im gathering from your response djchicago that it is your opinion that the ttx will serve my purpose fine but do not perform at the level of 1200s...

Mensajes Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 8:31 pm
please try the HDJC MKII mapper developed by DJ Cel (available on the "download" section of this website)

Mensajes Mon 11 Dec 06 @ 4:14 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
DJRogerBorges wrote :
please try the HDJC MKII mapper developed by DJ Cel (available on the "download" section of this website)

He can't have access to it ;-)

Mensajes Mon 11 Dec 06 @ 4:44 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Mensajes Mon 11 Dec 06 @ 5:47 pm

All effects can be mapped as "permanent" effects to any button or key.
By mapping it to the name of the plugin (e.g flanger).

This way a button on Hercules or a key on the keyboard can be "permanent" flanger:)

Mensajes Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 2:38 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)