Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: can the fonts of virtual dj be made bigger?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

agerardPRO InfinityMember since 2004
can the fonts of virtual dj be made bigger? theu seem to be alot bigger on atomix software. My eye site is not very good . I like atomix because the fonts are bigger. thanks for your help.

Mensajes Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 5:04 am
yes...

but this is a skin design feature, and the maker of the skin decided on what size to use..

so, what skin are you using? and WHERE do you want the size to be bigger? (music files? or other place?)

when u give that info, we can easily tell u how to change some of the font sizes

Mensajes Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 5:12 am
agerardPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi Dj in Norway. regarding the font sizes. I actually like the original face of virtual dj, so that's the skin I would like to use. You asked where I would like the font to be bigger. Definitely the music files (like they are on atomix )and also showing the bpm(registered)(like they are on atomix) . On atomix mix every thing seems to be a perfect size. Thanks so much for helping me make my decision.

Mensajes Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 3:42 pm
hi again...
"...actually like the original face of virtual dj..."

I take it that you mean the DEFAULT SKIN?

Ok.. locate the skin file called DEFAULT SKIN.ZIP in your SKIN folder within the VirtualDJ install folder.
Copy it to your desktop, and un-zip the file.

Inside the zip file there is usually 2 files : 1 graphic file (BMP file), and 1 code file (XML file). In the default skin there are 4 files... 2 for each version of default skin (basic and advanced version)

Open the XML file in Notepad. And find the part starting with "".
Here is the part of the code telling the fontsize for musicfiles:
text font="Tahoma" size="13"
Change the number 13 to a bigger size, say try 16...
And close the xml file, saving changes.

Now, zip the folder on your desktop back to DEFAULT-BIGFONT.ZIP and copy back into VDJ skin folder.

now you have the original default skin, and your new default skin w/ bigger font size for vdj :)

The BPM part is harder to change, as the graphic area under that number is quit small (the blue square). But there might be a new default skin around soon, and maybe the skin-maker will take this into consideration

Hope that helps, and that it was a good enough explanation for "do-it-your-self-skin-change"... ;) lol

Mensajes Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 3:57 pm
Maybe it is a good idea to make a backup of the original skin, before make any changes. When you make a mistake, or would like to undone the changes you have the backup.
Ewout

Mensajes Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 4:12 pm
very true...
thats why I wrote:
"... DEFAULT-BIGFONT.ZIP and copy back into VDJ....."

that would NOT over-write the ORIGINAL default skin ;)

so... no backup needed ;)

Mensajes Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 4:17 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)