Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: 2nd day: time coded vinyl, still 0% quality

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

ProtoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Everything works great. It is very easy to mix, great stuff. Even the lack of BPM calculation is nothing more than a nuisance, but ...

... I still have 0% time code quality. I have tried 4 sound cards (Terratec, SB, and 2 on board sound), and I get it to work adequately on all 4 soundcards but still I have 0% quality. Not even a single 1% have I seen. It is either n/a or 0%. I tried 2 systems, got rid of ground loop problems by installing a breaker. This on a system that has Final Scratch working no problem. Can anyone share a guide how to get quality up?

It is almost a mystic quest for more quality. I hope it will bring needle dropping, as some suggested, and who knows even better control, but I dont get past 0%!

And I found a bug. Sometimes VDJ looses the time coded controls. This happens when I use the software interface, end of record and especially (like always) when I unloop a song with my Dvinyl mp3 controller. I havent found a single way to get the time coded vinyl back in control. This is a big thing because I dont want to loose control during a set.

And finally a minor nuisance: If the pitch control of the Dvinyl mp3 controller is off it's default setting, it overrides the time coded vinyl pitch. This sucks. Maybe time for a hierarchy of which controller controls what.

Mensajes Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 4:50 pm
Proto,
have you also tried the
- Software RIAA preamp check box
- Invert stereo check box
- Invert phase check box

Is your turntable at the correct speed

Maybe this has also something to do with the cartridges you use. I had problems with the d-vinyl setup, in combinatio with my stanton 500ALMK2's. I now bought 2 Shure 44-7 cartridges after some investigation on the internet and music stores. I preferred the Stanton trackmasters or the Shure whitelabel's but afterreading lots of posts I decided to get the sure's. I will try this out this evening and will post the results.

Maybe DJ Morris, who has 100% quality could post what type of turntables and cartridges he is using. Maybe also some others which have used the vinyls could post this information
Ewout

Mensajes Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 5:18 pm
I get 100% on mine, using numark tt1625 tables and numark groove tool cartridges.

Needle dropping is working too

Mensajes Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 5:42 pm
Tried all settings lol. I got Ortofon Concorde for cartridges.

Mensajes Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 6:01 pm
Grrrr, I got it! Increased the weighted of the arm and voila tada, me too, I have reached 100% OMG I am so happy. Needle dropping rules! VDJ is the best, the very best! Yiha, recording now ...

Mensajes Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 6:09 pm
Proto: “Everything works great. It is very easy to mix, great stuff. Even the lack of BPM calculation is nothing more than a nuisance, but ...”

Are you saying that using the “Virtual Vinyl” disables the use of some other functions in VDJ? If so, what functions are these? I was under the impression that all the functions of VDJ would still operate.

OO

Mensajes Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 6:54 pm
I celebrated too early. I get 100% at the beginning of the record, but 0% towards the end. Probably my turntable set-up that is wrong. Any tips?

Everything works , Double O, but if you play a time coded vinyl, the BMP isnt displayed correctly.

Mensajes Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 6:57 pm
I appreciate the info. I hope you get the time code quality issue resolved soon.

OO

b.t.w. I assume from your reply that the “Sync” function doesn’t work or do you Sync first then use the vinyl?

Mensajes Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 7:03 pm
Setting RPM to 45 helps a bit, only second half now gives problems.

You need to use the pitch of the turntable to Sync double O

Mensajes Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 7:19 pm
Thanks for the reply Proto.

OO

Mensajes Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 7:21 pm
Don't forget to set the anti-skatting of your turntable at the same value as the weight...

Mensajes Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 11:30 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)