Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Just bought VDJ.... Still need sound card advice....

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Gentlemen:

After spending a day playing with the trial version of VDJ I loved it and bought it..... I need an external sound card.

I was going to get the u46dj but it sounds like people are having problems with them... My other option was the M Audio pro or the giga port??

I want the card that will give me the best sound and is the most reliable.

Can I get your recommendations? Opinions? Thanks...

CM

Mensajes Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 8:57 pm
I recommend the DJ Console MK2, then you can control Virtual DJ with it also. It has a real nice sound card 2 :D

Mensajes Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 9:15 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i love the mk2 :)
and with asio 4 all driver you can get 2ms latency which is pretty good

Mensajes Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 9:17 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi Chris

Your question is a little too general, because there is a soundcard for almost any budget. I have been using E-MU 1616 with good success. I chose it because I am picky about sound quality, and according to my research this card has some of the best DACs (Digital to Analog Converters) on the market. Its price is around $399, and there is also a higher model, 1616M, that uses even better DACs, for $100 more.

There are many soundcards to choose from. If I were you, I would make a list of what you need to help you decide:
Which connection type is convenient for you? (PCI/PCMCIA/USB/FIREWIRE)
How important is the sound quality?
How many inputs & outputs do you need? What kind of hardware are you planning on using it with?
What is your budget?

Mensajes Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 10:38 pm
If you don't do TCV or TCCD you could use numark cm200usb mixer. It has 2 usb soundcards on channel 3 and 4. It works ok for me.

Mensajes Sun 24 Dec 06 @ 2:05 am
Hey abnorm, please, I have a E-mu 1616M sound card and I don't know how to setup it in order to work with 2 cd turntables (cd timecode) and 1 external mixer. You seem to know your 1616 very well so please can you help me ?

Mensajes Mon 25 Dec 06 @ 10:57 pm
Hi there, I'm using the esi u46dj and it works fantastically. Granted, i'm new to virtual DJ'ing so i haven't really used any other sound cards, but i've dj'ed with vinyls for quite a while. The u46dj, VDJ, and a pair of TCV's is superb in comparison!

Mensajes Mon 01 Jan 07 @ 10:30 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)