Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Browser issue...

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Ok...

here is the short story...
Can't use Version 4.xx until there is a major update with using the Ecler Nuo 4 mixer.
I am still using version 3.4

Here are my specs:

Pentium 4 3ghz
Dual Channel Ram 2 gigs
GeForce 6600 GT 128mb
ESI Maya 44 (PCI)
OS drive = WD Raptor 36 gig
Video Drive = Seagate 750 gig
Music Drives = (2) WD 250 gig
Windows XP Pro SP2
VDJ 3.4 (using NO audio/video effects just transitions)
Cyder's V-Mix3 Skin
Midi with Ecler/TCV (one night a week)
-or-
DAC-3 (one night a week)

Same issue has happened using both controller situations (TCV and DAC-3).

the problem:
While using my browser and going through folders the browser graphics freeze up.
I can't browse at all and the time displayed for the tracks stop as well. The green status bar contiues though. The music or video plays fine to the end and luckly I have back-up devices just in case. Happens with doing audio (mp3's) and video (MPG) at different times.

I have to actually shut off the program and restart it to get it working again. When it does happen, it only happens once in an evening.

Anyone else have this problem?
How was it solved?
Similar problem with version 4?
any insight would be nice...

Mensajes Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 12:21 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i recommend you update to the lastest version

whats ur full pc spec?

Mensajes Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 12:23 am
I can't update...
I can't afford to have it crash while playing live while using my Ecler Nuo 4 mixer.

waiting for update on that issue...

in the meantime... I am sure there a handful of us out there that are still using version 3.4 for similar reasons.

Mensajes Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 12:25 am
ok... with the newest update 4.2rc1 I have succesfully used the software with my Ecler mixer and everythings seems to be working fine.... but... the browser issue I had with 3.4 happened with version 4.2rc1.

Anyone with technical smarts or staff may be able to answer this possible reason why.
I am thinking it is my video card. The video card cannot keep with the demands of the software and processing the video's for secondary display. One possibility... or my video card is starting to be defective.

Mensajes Wed 27 Dec 06 @ 11:11 pm
do you have on ur settings tab on display have full hardware acel
aslo

how long have you had the card?

Mensajes Wed 27 Dec 06 @ 11:15 pm
I believe it is set to full hardware aceleration... can't check right now.. computer is apart because of transferring files from hard drive to another computer.

I have had the card for almost a year now. Bought it at Fry's electronics.
eVGA is the brand I believe.

Unfortunately on this machine I only have AGP ports. So if I were to go buy a new card it would have to be an AGP card. It sucks though because I could spend almost the same for a PCI-Express card instead. I just hate investing into OLD technology when I could spend the money on a new system.

Weird thing is I didn't have this issue until here recently... like the past few months. I haven't changed much of the set up at all either..... just added bigger hard drives and that's about it. hmmm ... makes me think it is hardware related.

Mensajes Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 12:33 am

Mensajes Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 12:48 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)