Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: how to set the timecode cd?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

just downloaded the timecode file and burn it on cd.
my problem is i cant make it work on my dn-s5000 all i hear is the tone signal of the time code and im using a maya ex usb sound card. can anybody help me on the config. on the soundcard and 2nd remote. hope you guys can give a proper instruction guide in the config thanks alot! raffy

Mensajes Thu 05 Aug 04 @ 2:47 pm

Mensajes Thu 05 Aug 04 @ 3:19 pm
i already follow the instruction on the site the only thing that i hear is the timecode tone.

Mensajes Fri 06 Aug 04 @ 3:50 am
I can't get it to work either.

Mensajes Sun 08 Aug 04 @ 5:02 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It's very simple:

1/ Route the line output from CD player into a soundcard line-in input. (that is if you use 1 CD player, for two you'll need to route both CD players to 2 soundcards! - or maybe one to line-input, other to mic-input, think that should work too)

2/ In VDJ time code options choose the correct soundcard (if you have more than 1) and select the line-in input for TC input.

3/ While having a CD play, adjust the gain levels from your CD player, so the TimeCode quality will read 100% (try other options aswell - invert stereo, phase, RIAA preamp, ... - if you have problems configuring TC quality).

4/ Route the main output of the soundcard to your external mixer or directly to speakers (if you don't use the mixtable), and be sure to check the right Sound Card settings in VDJ options, depending on how many CD palyers and Soundcards you have (and of course mixtable/no-mixtable).

If this doesn't help, be more exact on describing your settings, so we'll try to solve the problem together.

By the way, I'm not sure how to corretly configure a 1 CD player/turntable controller, since left/right desk have separate options (probably a bit more complicated), and I only tried with 2 controllers.

Happy mixing ;)

Mensajes Sun 08 Aug 04 @ 8:23 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It would be nice if it could work with 1 cd player.., then it wouldn't be a mega expensive controller option..., good to test before buying two

Mensajes Sun 08 Aug 04 @ 11:24 am
If all you can hear is the timecode noise then you must not have the line in muted in the "Playback" option of your soundcard

Mensajes Sun 08 Aug 04 @ 1:41 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
you could always just go to your local dj hire store and hire out some cd players for a day or 2...

Mensajes Sun 08 Aug 04 @ 10:13 pm
I’ve tried all the suggestions with no success. Although I can play and stop mp3’s with my Dual CD Player (the loop and cue start features on my CD player don’t work), I can’t get rid of the time-code tone coming through my headphones (I can barely hear the music playing). I also can’t adjust the time-code quality signal—the signal stays same and reads o%. Can someone who has gotten this to work please post how you did it?

Mensajes Sun 08 Aug 04 @ 11:32 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i've posted a message about this, it requires you to turn up the signal all the way (100%) in your soundcards setup menu, my graph looks as if it is clipping to be able to read 100%.

1. boost soundcard volume in the soundcards setup page to 100%

2. play with the gain slider in the setup menu in vdj

this should get you off 0% you can fine tune it once you get the 100% by slightly altering these levels.

as to the sound constantly playing through your headphones that is because you need to mute the line in you are using in your playback settings (in soundcard drivers). note that this is independent to the recording controls. this is what you have to set. so set your recording control to "Line In" or your equlivant and mute this in the playback section

all should work fine now.

also refer to the link if you have any trouble

http://virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=6177

Mensajes Mon 09 Aug 04 @ 3:56 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Double O wrote: "the loop and cue start features on my CD player don’t work"

I'm not sure if this is even possible? I mean, look at the timecode: it has no markers other than start and stop signal, which software does recognize, but that's all. If you loop it, software assumes it just goes on, 'cause the signal is constant.

I actually tryed that before using the controller with a little trick: I opened two instances of VDJ; on 1, I loaded the TimeCode.mp3 and selected Sound Card 1 for output, on the second VDJ instance I opened a track, and used a Sound Card 2 for output and Sound Card 1 for left desk controll. Now, working with the VDJ 1 instance, try to loop it and you'll see that nothing happens. "...and the beat goes on...".

Conclusion, unless an recognition algorithm of some kind is developed, I think you'll still have to use a keyboard for cues & loops.

P.S.: If there is a way to use loops & cues directly from timecode (which I overlooked), please correct me!

Mensajes Mon 09 Aug 04 @ 2:16 pm
well, as the slogan seem to be from the VDJ Team :
"hang around, and see what happens..." ;)

there might be news ahead regarding this ;) lol....

you just gotta love the hard working VDJ team, I sure do ;)

Mensajes Mon 09 Aug 04 @ 4:20 pm
I AM USING U46DJ W/ DENON 5000. THE PROBLEM I AM HAVING THAT WHEN I LOAD A SONG I CAN HEAR THE TIMECODE CD PLAYING AND THE SONG PLAYS IN THE BACKGROUND. ANY ADVICE HOW TO FIX THIS? THANKS

Mensajes Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 2:37 am
You alrady posted
here and got a reply. Please don't post the same question on different topics.

regards

Mensajes Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 11:54 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)