Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Timecode Config Options in VDJ 4.2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Ive looked, but cant find this info spelled out anywhere:
What exactly do the options on the timecode config page do?

In particular, I am interested in the ones circled in green here:

If we can get good answers I\'m happy to put the results in a clear blog so it can be sticky\'d.

Mensajes Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 7:29 pm
For CD mode, press AUTO CONFIG, and check if you get 100% signal quality.

The ADVANCED view is for adjusting the wave signal, for vinyl users, and I dont think you need to worry about those;)

SMART CUE : it is for cycling through the cue points when you needle drop over a min from the present position
MASTER TEMPO : Key lock on pitch.
BROWSER TRACK : last 3 minutes of the timecode (so at 9min) can be used to browse the music browser.

LEAD TIME : it is the amount of timecode VDJ lets go by before the song starts playing. your not going to miss the start of the song or have the song play silently for that amount of time, its an offset for the whole song from the start of the record/CD
PITCH SENSITIVITY : How sensitive the pitch update in VDJ should be. Better to set 1000 or 500ms if your computer is fast enough.

Mensajes Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 7:50 pm
what does the tc up and down options do? i've tried messin with these and nothing happened

why does it take like 2 seconds for the master tempo to kick in when usin the tcv? this is very annoying cause im a fast mixer and this is slowing me down. how i normally mix is i set the pitch slider to where it has to be and then drop the song like slam mixing cause some of these crowds get confused when they hear two songs playing at the same time and they don't know what to do!!! lol well if i do it that way,2 to 3 seconds after i drop the song, the pitch goes back to master tempo?!?!? i actually have to set the pitch to where it should be, then play the song for a wahile to get vdj to set the master tempo, then i can drop the song or mix!!!

can anyone help me

Mensajes Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 10:17 pm

up/down is to adjust for noise/interfearance (such as loud bass from speakers etc).

Try use smart mode, and set master tempo on at TIMECODE CONFIG
Also, you can adjust the pitch sensitivity

Mensajes Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 11:09 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
you can change the pitch sensitivity to be lower, 2s = 2000ms
change this and the pitch will change sooner, but it may not allways be a real pitch change not an adjustment and the pitch will be affected. if your not doing any mixing just slaming one into the other cause the crowd dont like hearing 2 songs at once, why change the pitch anyway?

Mensajes Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 12:56 am
@DJ Xeo - LOL! "cause the crowd dont like hearing 2 songs at once" + "why change the pitch anyway?"- OMG! ROFL!

- but I´m not really sure if this IS sarcastic?

Mensajes Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 5:41 am
im having trouble hooking my turntables with my computer on virtual dj i dont know how to set it up ive got the timecoded vinyls. it's really stressfull lol can anyone help me out please.. i'd really appreciate it, cheers

Mensajes Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 11:52 pm
dude im having the same problems can u help me if u get helped

Mensajes Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 5:48 pm
I have a problem connecting timecoded vinyl. I wanna try it in trial version. May I? I connected Technics 1210 Mk2 to integrated soundcard in line-in. I can hear the sound playing directly,but in timecode config it shows me quality 0%. (I have "Software Preamp" checked and asio driver installed). Help me plz....

Mensajes Fri 23 Feb 07 @ 9:35 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
try autolatency on performance.

Mensajes Mon 12 Mar 07 @ 10:23 pm
Ok no shouting please I'm a newbie! I'm trying to work out how I can make use of my Denon twin CD with Time Coded CD's, and could do with a few pointers please! If I buy the Professional version, what is the easiest way to sort this all out? I need the Pro version, to be able to run it through my mixer. The only other option I can see working is getting the Numark Total Control and running the single output through the mixer (I assume the included software will not support seperate outputs?)

Any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Mensajes Sat 07 Apr 07 @ 6:25 pm
PLEASE HELP ME.
I HAVE ONE TURNTABLE W/ TIME-CODED VINYL.
IT CONTINUES TO SAY
ERROR IN THE ASIO DRIVER. HOW CAN I FIX THIS
I AM USING ASIO4ALL

Mensajes Fri 27 Apr 07 @ 4:07 am
Justified Soul wrote :
Ok no shouting please I'm a newbie! I'm trying to work out how I can make use of my Denon twin CD with Time Coded CD's, and could do with a few pointers please! If I buy the Professional version, what is the easiest way to sort this all out? I need the Pro version, to be able to run it through my mixer. The only other option I can see working is getting the Numark Total Control and running the single output through the mixer (I assume the included software will not support seperate outputs?)

Any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance!

you need the pro version and a supported dual stero input card

have you thought about getting a virtual vinyl box it comes with vdj pro (numark cue)

and 2 vinyls and 2 mastered cds , and a perfect card for timecodes and mixers.

Mensajes Fri 27 Apr 07 @ 10:41 am
JamMasterJigar wrote :
PLEASE HELP ME.
I HAVE ONE TURNTABLE W/ TIME-CODED VINYL.
IT CONTINUES TO SAY
ERROR IN THE ASIO DRIVER. HOW CAN I FIX THIS
I AM USING ASIO4ALL

what sound card do you use?

Mensajes Fri 27 Apr 07 @ 10:42 am
I have a timecode vinyl ssynches with vdj 4.3, and it seems that it syncs only for a while then it stops controlling the music but the vinyl on vdj still turns. Any ideas ?

Mensajes Fri 04 May 07 @ 3:46 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
fullblast22 wrote :
I have a timecode vinyl ssynches with vdj 4.3, and it seems that it syncs only for a while then it stops controlling the music but the vinyl on vdj still turns. Any ideas ?

R u using VDJ TCV? I also have that problem but i using staton TCV. :( still waiting for my VDJ TCV to arrived...

Mensajes Fri 04 May 07 @ 11:58 am
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I need some help with master tempo.

I'm aware what it does, and its a feature i normally use on my cd players when playing cd's, but i'm not quite sure what settings i should be using to enable this feature when i'm using tccd's.

There seems to be different possibilities. Do i just check the box in the time code config? Do i use the button on the skin? Do i have the cd players master tempo turned on or off (does it make any difference with tccd?) There are a few combinations, so which is best or correct please?

Gary.

Mensajes Mon 14 May 07 @ 3:09 am
hi
i cant see the 'master tempo' option.
why?
maybe because im using trial version ?

Mensajes Wed 07 Jan 09 @ 5:05 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)