Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Virtual DJ with Presonus Firebox and Numark dxm09?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

GileyPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi, I'm considering getting a Numark dxm09 mixer since it looks like most users are really satisfied with it. I was just wondering, it is necessary to buy an Mk2 as well, since it has a soundcard specific to VDJ, or will it work with my external Presonus Firebox and the dxm09?

Mensajes Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 2:09 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you will need a soundcard aslo

any 4.1 for 2 line mixer

7.1 for 3 line mixer (headphones)

laptop or desktop

Mensajes Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 2:52 pm

Presonus Firebox will work great, you dont need MK2

Use Presonus Firebox with the numark mixer... all good;)

Mensajes Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 5:43 pm
Thanks alot. But it looks as though I'm gonna get a proper music laptop to start off with, as my DELL Inspiron is having compatibility problems with my Firebox. I can't be going wrong with this, can I?

2,33 Ghz dual core
2 GB DDR2
100 GB 7200 rpm HD

http://www.shop-sonica.com/pd_d1784.cfm

I'll wait before I get the numark mixer.

Mensajes Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 6:09 pm
You cant go wrong with a dual core and 2 giga of ram (!!!) no ;) hehe

Bit of an overkill actually;) hehe.. you dont need that powerfull pc..
But if you can afford it, it looks great:)

(Except for video card, that wont do video mixing... but you might not want that anyway)

Mensajes Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 6:10 pm
Yeah I'm not interested in video mixing. I need something really powerful though as I'm planning on using it for production, with Cubase, Reason, a few VSTs and so on. Can't wait! Lol

Mensajes Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 10:50 pm
Why is it most are having problems with the Dells and compatibility?? I still haven't any luck with the Dell at the Lanes, which is a Dual Core Dell desktop. Guess thats why I am the "Unluckiest User Of The Year". But seriously I have dumped the Dell and have the weekend Dj use it and I built a system that isn't Dual core yet, but I am interested in what you come up with. I built a system which is an Athlon socket 939 and I am soo glad I got away from the Dell. Man if I could tell you how many times I called their support and it is something to do with their MOBOs. I can't even get my MK2 to function on that system. No I am not ranting, but there are other options if this system doesnt work out for you. Shoot me a PM if you wanna talk. Norway you know where I am comming from on this one.

Mensajes Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 10:02 am

I sure do Discobrian, was close to saying dont by Dell, a year ago.

But there are many happy users with Dell too, so not sure what to say about them as a brand name.
Dell bought Alienware, so maybe they have learned something ;)

As for support, I've heard bad things too... Guess it comes with the territory of being one of the worlds largest PC pushers.. Too many customers to handle ;)

Mensajes Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 10:39 am
fresaHome userMember since 2007
hola

Mensajes Sun 14 Jan 07 @ 10:15 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hi 2 u 2 :)

Mensajes Sun 14 Jan 07 @ 10:17 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)