Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Drag & Drop mp3 files from Taskbar seems to be causing general error often

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

New user to this software, testing it out, and I am impressed with the majority but a little problem I seem to be having...

Rather than using the method for selecting files within VirtualDJ I prefer to use drag and drop from Windows folders on the desktop, this is fine the majority of times, but quite often I get a "General Error" appearing, and moreso...

the program will freeze up totally!

Anyone any ideas?

Mensajes Wed 11 Aug 04 @ 1:30 am
i'm not sure.. but there has been posts about vdj not liking certain folders because of the new Windows security with these folders..

these folders are :
-SYSTEM
-DESKTOP
-WINDOWS and sub directories
(inc my documents etc)

Move your mp3 to others like « c:My Documents », « c:My Music » for example. And dont keep them on desktop

there is a problem scanning mp3's for these folders, and that might cause the problem

hope that helps this problem :)

Mensajes Wed 11 Aug 04 @ 1:55 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I used to do like you but now that I've tested VDJ so long I prefer to drag songs from VDJ browser. It's very simple and useful; especially with the database.

In my case I rename my songs like this:
-----------------------------------------
Author - Title (Version ... Remix ...) {Year}
or
Author - Title [Movie_name]{Year}
-----------------------------------------

By this way you go to the database with VDJ (make sure to rescan your database (no need to extended analysis) each time you changed a file name), and write :

- "199" -> You get all the songs of the 90's
- "Ties" -> You get all the Tiesto songs included his mixes
- "Rocky" -> You get all songs from the movie "Rocky"

The recurse option is useful too.

Clax

Mensajes Wed 11 Aug 04 @ 7:36 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)