Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: Rock / Alternative / Indie / Soul DJs

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

radiofcPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I am more interested in these types of music to dance / house music but in truth I like all types. Does anyone else on here play these genres? I couldn't find a dedicated link on the sticky..

Mensajes Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 1:03 pm
no one at all?? I find that hard to believe....

Mensajes Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 10:59 pm
I play a lot of this type of music at the club I work at
Whaddya wanna know?

Mensajes Mon 29 Jan 07 @ 5:01 am
BragitzHome userMember since 2007
I try to, but it doesnt go to well, mostly rap and trance and house and all that is good to mix with.

Mensajes Sat 03 Feb 07 @ 4:05 am
DJ Marcel_1 wrote :
I play a lot of this type of music at the club I work at
Whaddya wanna know?

I just wanted to get a discussion going on these genres. Also should've mentioned the blues since I like that too. I figured that while the majority on here are dance/r&b focused there had to be others who liked music that tended towards rock/alternative.

Whereabouts do you work DJ Marcel?

Perhaps we could see what the most popular songs played are for these types of music.

Mensajes Tue 06 Feb 07 @ 12:23 pm
I spin at a club called The Purple ONion is Edmonton Alberta Canada

we play everything there - classic rock, metal, idustrial, dance, top 40 everything except for Hardcore underground rap. But we play TONS of reggea, regeaton, mainstream hip hop.

But we advertise as a Rock music oriented CLub and that's why a lot of our customers come there for.

Mensajes Sat 10 Feb 07 @ 2:02 am
DJ Marcel_1 wrote :
I spin at a club called The Purple ONion is Edmonton Alberta Canada

we play everything there - classic rock, metal, idustrial, dance, top 40 everything except for Hardcore underground rap. But we play TONS of reggea, regeaton, mainstream hip hop.

But we advertise as a Rock music oriented CLub and that's why a lot of our customers come there for.

Sounds like my kinda club! I am aiming to get a residency in some place sympathetic to this kind of music and then keep regulars updated on upcoming events using myspace or bebo etc..

Mensajes Fri 16 Feb 07 @ 1:53 pm
It's really hard these days to find a club even willing to entertain the Idea of playing rock music.

Too bad really

Mainly it comes and goes in Cycles - this year seems to be reggea/reggeaton last year it was 50cent styled Hip-Hop, before that it was the gagme dance-pop like briuttney and justin, but throughtout it all Rock Music seems to stick in.

Where are you at Radiofc?

If you have the Chops to rock a room by playing a 60-40 split, (This is harder to do than it sounds, I've seen good respectable club DJ's wash out at the Club I work at.)

Try getting a room ANY room to hire you on - on the pre-agreed type of format. Try getting in on a dead night, and build it up.

remember -- MONEY TALKS BULlSHIT WALKS

If you say you can build a night - work your ass of to build it Every night you DJ pretend that it's the weekend. I've always thought that a good DJ is one that can get an empty bar to party just as hard as a full weekend crowd

And the more money a manager sees coming in the more he/she is likely to let you alone and play whatever the hell it takes to get people in the bar to drink.

Key word there - DRINK not Start FIGHTS

If you can get a tuesday night to Capacity then they'll leave you alone.

If you can get a monday to even have people on the dance floor........

They'll kiss your ass and give you a Promo tab for your drinks.

Mensajes Sun 18 Feb 07 @ 8:14 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i played rock on virtual dj radio once , still getting threats of violence =)

Mensajes Sun 18 Feb 07 @ 1:48 pm
Hey these songs are hits for a reason.

On this side of the pond it's rock and pop music in all of it's derivitives (dance/hip-hop/reggea/reggeaton)

As one young black fella was shouting at me when I was playing rock "Ya Gotta DI-VER-S-I-FY"

Interesting how people shout out something like that to only hear the music they like eh?

Mensajes Sun 18 Feb 07 @ 9:46 pm
DJ Marcel_1 wrote :

As one young black fella was shouting at me when I was playing rock "Ya Gotta DI-VER-S-I-FY"

Interesting how people shout out something like that to only hear the music they like eh?

ha ha!!

Some good info there folks. Cheers.

Mensajes Tue 20 Feb 07 @ 10:35 am
DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I did a graduation gig (College) and played Old School R&B/Soul with just a few hip hop jams. The guests ages ranged from 5 yrs old to 60. They all loved it. The 5 yr old is a huge Michael Jackson (The Thriller Version) fan. I also hosted a 70's party in my home a year ago and it was a huge success. I love that music!!

Mensajes Tue 13 Mar 07 @ 5:31 am
Well I spin anything and everything. I know that the VDJ radio is mainly targetted to disco, house, techno, rap, hip hop and pop music (AKA popular mix tunes)

As for Rock I'll be spinning an hour on the radio this saturday and I sure hope I get some wicked threats about it.

I've got a great discussion on that subject. :)

I mix the music I play (unlike regular radio stations that just play one tune after another (and for those saying they spin anything and everything...do you spin country and rock too?)

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Mensajes Wed 14 Mar 07 @ 9:16 am
I did a 21st the other night and had to play a load of chart rubbish that I couldn't stand but you have to try to satisfy the customers needs..

I'm looking for to my gig tomorrow night though as it's a work social and there'll be more people there around my age with a similar taste in music. There'll be plenty of college music like Pixies, Happy Mondays, The Stone Roses, Blur, etc

Mensajes Wed 14 Mar 07 @ 6:06 pm
Rock /Metal/ industrial/ and if I have too I play counrty but don't mix it in any fashion - just slam mixes

Mensajes Thu 15 Mar 07 @ 6:56 am
anyone on here like The Dresden Dolls?

Mensajes Sat 24 Mar 07 @ 12:46 pm
CAN't say I know them

Mensajes Sat 24 Mar 07 @ 7:43 pm
There music is described as punk cabaret. I caught them supporting Nine Inch Nails in Paris in 2005 and since purchased two of their albums "The Dresden Dolls" and "Yes Virginia". Check them out on http://www.dresdendolls.com/ - they're not for everyone but I think they're interesting and at least they're trying to push the boundaries...

Mensajes Sun 25 Mar 07 @ 1:01 am
radiofc wrote :
There music is described as punk cabaret. I caught them supporting Nine Inch Nails in Paris in 2005 and since purchased two of their albums "The Dresden Dolls" and "Yes Virginia". Check them out on http://www.dresdendolls.com/ - they're not for everyone but I think they're interesting and at least they're trying to push the boundaries...

That should read "Their music" by the way...

Mensajes Sun 25 Mar 07 @ 3:04 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)