Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Does VirtualDJ work for mac - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

VirtualPC ;)
Its free too (I think..)

But dont expect video mixing on that ...

Mensajes Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 10:10 pm
SpeedDemond29 wrote :
I have a G4 iBook, Bootcamp is only for PENTIUM type Macs.

INTEL Macs.

We've never had Pentium processors in any Macs and NO, Intel's CORE Processor is NOT a next generation Pentium processor because they are VERY different. =)

dj-in-norway wrote :
VirtualPC ;)
Its free too (I think..)

Virtual pc for windows on windows is free.

Virtual pc for windows on Mac has been discontinued.

In typical uninnovative and illegall monopolistic fashion, microsoft can't stand competition. Especially when the competition is SO much better than them and their weak offerings, which is the case with Parallels "Desktop for Mac" and VMWare's upcoming "Fusion."

Unfortunately, those two applications are both only for Intel Macs because what makes those "virtualization" (NOT emulation) programs so great is that they take advantage of Intel's Virtualization Technology http://www.intel.com/technology/virtualization/index.htm that it has implemented in it's "Core" line of processors.

dj-in-norway wrote :
But dont expect video mixing on that ...

Most definitely do not expect Virtual pc for windows on Mac (if you end up finding a copy) to do anything more than maybe connect to a network and maybe type something in WordPad.

Afterall, it is a microsoft product and it is being used to run windows, and neither of the two are good performers, feature rich, secure, stable, or reliable.

SLAM!!! =D

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

Mensajes Tue 13 Feb 07 @ 7:20 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
the intel macs are SE3 x86 arch , pentium duocore processors which have an extra edge over the ones in pcs

pcs use SE2 X86 rev processors

Mensajes Tue 13 Feb 07 @ 12:20 pm
virtual pc isnt designed for running multimedia aplications its desinged idealy for network techies ( like me =)) to test out system images before they push them down to machines via products such as norton ghost so i wouldnt expect it to allow video mixing

Mensajes Tue 13 Feb 07 @ 12:23 pm
I always tell my customers about how when I was a Mac/Novell/windows network administrator for Xerox up until about 5 years ago that I used to manage our internal 80+ dells and gateway window 98/2000/xp workstation pc's and our windows nt 4 server using a "TiBook" (Titanium PowerBook) and would use virtual pc simply to log on to windows networks and use ms office (because ms at that time really crippled Office for Mac at that time).

At that time Virtual pc was still owned by Connectix, but if you tried to do anything more than log on to a windows network, type a letter in word, create a spreadsheet in excel, or play minesweeper/solitaire, virtual pc was worthless.

When microsoft bought vpc from Connectix though... nothing changed! =P

Mensajes Tue 13 Feb 07 @ 12:37 pm
OK OK .... Here is the problem I have my PC (Sony Vaio Notebook) This thing is off the wall great. It has a Pentium 4 @ 3.06 Ghz, RAM expandable to 2 gigs, VERY EASY to upgrade.... HERE IS THE THING...
---IT FREEZES--SKIPS WHEN VDJ IS LOADING SONGS SOMETIMES TO GET THE BPM-- Is that a Windows XP thing? Should I downgrade to Windows 2000 or Windows XP Media Center Edition?

(I KNOW THIS IS THE MAC FORUM ... I ALSO HAVE A MAC)

Mensajes Wed 14 Feb 07 @ 6:26 am
you should upgrade ur hardware and upgrade to vista , that way you can benifit from the new sound and video Api which makes loading songs very fast indeed

Mensajes Wed 14 Feb 07 @ 12:16 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
skyfxl wrote :
the intel macs are SE3 x86 arch , pentium duocore processors which have an extra edge over the ones in pcs

pcs use SE2 X86 rev processors

Actually, the processors are the same...?

My laptops for example have Core 2 Duo's - which are SSE3 and x86-64 capable no matter if they are in a PC or a Mac...

Mensajes Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 8:07 pm
not all some pcs will take SE3 but this costs more

Mensajes Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 8:09 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006

Mensajes Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 8:10 pm
Hi i want so ask if virtual dj is available for mac

Mensajes Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 7:12 pm
it will be available soon :)

Mensajes Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 7:16 pm
do you know exactly when?

Mensajes Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 7:27 pm
not yet sorry

Mensajes Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 9:59 pm
Dj Mikels wrote :
do you know exactly when?

no one knows. it's literally impossible to say how long it will take to develop, debug and test a software product. the biggest software companies in the world has proven that it is impossible to say for sure when software will be complete.

the only thing that they actually do know, is how far along it is and how long the list of things left to do is. however, they're not telling anyone that either. so you'll be waiting just like me and everyone else.

if you're looking for things to do while you wait, you may want to check out my top 10 list of things to do while waiting for the mac version.

Mensajes Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 10:37 pm
I just saw Numark Virtual Vinyl is avaiable for MAC and PC ... Is it running a software like Numark Cue and VDJ as teh software for mac? or is it using Traktor?

Mensajes Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 11:41 pm
SpeedDemond29 wrote :
I just saw Numark Virtual Vinyl is avaiable for MAC and PC ... Is it running a software like Numark Cue and VDJ as teh software for mac? or is it using Traktor?

Numark CUE AND VIRTUAL VINYL is not available for mac, contrary to what you read. Their software is based on the software created by Virtual DJ authors. Numark will not be able to ship their mac version until the vdj authors complete it.

Numark is not shipping it, simply because it is not available yet.

Mensajes Fri 23 Feb 07 @ 12:21 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)