Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: vdj 4.2 freezes on exit

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

after playing for at least 1 hour and more , when i close vdj it sort of freezes ( no saving database dialog) and the only way to close the prog is from ctl+alt+del.

my laptop is an acer intel Pentium 725 (centrino 1.6 400 fsb,512 ddr memory).only winxp sp2 +vdj+u46dj software-nothing else running (antivirus firewall etc).optimized laptop for vdj , with not needed services turned of -and wlan of course- (optimizing guide taken from the forum)
i use external disks for the mp3 and u46dj sound card.
do i need more memory ? is it the cpu ?
it did this with 4.1 +4.1r2.
when using the prog all is fine (it does not freeze while playing)
what can i do because when this happens i loose all the cue points etc (when not saving the database on exit.)

any suggestions ?
thank you very much in advance for the answers.

daniel

Mensajes Sat 03 Feb 07 @ 4:07 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
make a keyboard shortcut to save the database

what proformance options do you have?

Mensajes Sat 03 Feb 07 @ 4:15 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you Open VDJ and play three - four songs then close it does it happen?

-- Also, how long are you waiting before you think it's hung? If you are only waiting a minute or two and you had alot of things get set during that hour plus of use then it could take several minutes to save the database. Also, need to look at your computer's hard drive settings for power management - make sure they aren't set to power down after X amount of time - should be set to NEVER

cstoll

Mensajes Sat 03 Feb 07 @ 4:43 pm

@romeodan
- How big is the database ?

Mensajes Sun 04 Feb 07 @ 3:34 pm
the database is 3.6 mb
performance options are : the slider is 2nd position from left (nothing else tampered with)
latency auto
on the hd no power saving enabled.hd's (internal + external is defragmented on a regular basis)
when i play for about 10-15 min. all is ok it shuts down normally.
but when its longer than that it freezes ( and yes i wait for about 5-15 minutes before i power off windows ).

well for the time being i made the shortcut of the savedatabase on the keyboard.
can i use it during playback without any problems (pop,stop,hickup )?
what about the memory -is 512 enough ?
thanks for your answers

daniel

Mensajes Sun 04 Feb 07 @ 8:29 pm
anybody ?

Mensajes Wed 07 Feb 07 @ 9:44 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
have you checked for any device conflicts?

Mensajes Wed 07 Feb 07 @ 1:01 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)