Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: Real FRUSTRATION with napster!

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

In order to fulfill the full potential of VDJ i subscribed to a 15 quid a month subscription to napster in order to use the global database feature, the problem is i cant record any of my mixes with the songs i download as it says

One of the file you are currently playing is protected with a DRM protection.
Thus, it is forbidden to record or burn it.

Does anyone know how to bypass this or get unprotected songs off napster etc?

Thanks, DeeJay K

Mensajes Fri 16 Feb 07 @ 8:26 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
it wont let you burn to cd?

Mensajes Fri 16 Feb 07 @ 9:35 pm
I use it, but you can't burn tracks that you have downloaded on the napster to go service to CD. You have to buy them first. Having said that I find it quite useful to listen to a lot of the chart tracks and odds and sods of things that I might not buy at first.

I've got a napster to go compatible mp3 player, a samsung K3. For £15 a month I can fill 3 mp3 players, one for me, one for my Wife and another for my Son. Can run napster on 3 different PCs. It's really excellent and I can prelisten all the chart stuff on it. If I want to buy a track I can do for 79p. But i don't very often, becausse I am playing mostly up to date vocal house I get as Wav files from Beatport, Traxsource etc.

Mensajes Fri 16 Feb 07 @ 10:32 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
http://www.tunebite.com/ Works like a charm. If you have an external mixer you can also record through a second soundcard using a different software then VDJ.

Mensajes Wed 28 Feb 07 @ 4:02 pm
Yeah, I know about tunebite and it's claimed as legal for converting the downloads that have been bought. Not sure about those that have been rented. I can't see that being legal. But if you're not bothered about that then it would be OK for use.

Small but not insignificant risk in the UK of getting checked on by the lincensing authorities and if there are tunebited tracks it would cause problems.

Mensajes Wed 28 Feb 07 @ 5:14 pm
I have had this problem trying to use tracks i have bought with DRM.

One way around this is to get a bit of software called 'Audio Record Wizard'. it's a small app that records straight from your soundcard. Therefore you can record to mp3 anything that you play on your pc (its also great for recording live streams from obscure internet radio stations etc.)

Only drawback is - the recording has to be done in real time.

Mensajes Thu 03 May 07 @ 1:42 pm
I've looked in to this aswell. It's all to do with DRM. Now if you was to take the tracks with DRM on ie tracks from Napster and convert them to a mp3 file through a legal music converter program which can out the DRM bit will they record and can they be save on cd, are you broken copyright laws. All this DRM business is a grey issue

Mensajes Fri 11 May 07 @ 9:11 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)