Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: TCCD's and auto-cue

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Okay so I set up my Pioneer CDJ-800's to work with VDJ via TCCD, and things are going all right so far...

One thing I would like to do, however, is go to the auto-cue point quickly and automatically from the CDJ. However, there is no "stop" button on the CDJ's, just pause and cue. If I hit cue without setting a cue point, VDJ will pause, but will just continue playing from where it left off when I hit play again. If I hit pause, it does the same thing. Is there a way to get it to go back to the auto-cue point, as if I'd just loaded the track in VDJ? Or do I need to use a keyboard command or the mouse to do this? And actually, is there a way to do this with a keyboard command? I don't see any command like "go to auto-cue point", or "reload track"...

Thanks!

Mensajes Sat 17 Feb 07 @ 12:54 am
Oh, also, the timecode quality is terrible... Like, under 10%... Still works, but is making mistakes periodically. I believe burning the timecode MP3 at a lower volume would improve this, but how do I change the volume of the MP3? I have Audacity, and loaded the track, but not sure how to change the volume of the whole track and save it with the new volume... Thanks for any help!

Mensajes Sat 17 Feb 07 @ 1:15 am
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
In your timecode settings, set the timecode mode to "absolute"
Problem solved!

And to go back to the cue point after you have paused the track, just click the pause button again, and it will take you back to the cue point (this only works with the actual program, not the CDJs). You can use a keyboard shortcut for pause as well.

And easy, you can use VDJ for the lower volume timecode. Load the timecode onto the deck, turn down the gain, and hit the record button with autostart on :)

Mensajes Sat 17 Feb 07 @ 11:45 am

Poloralphloren wrote :
Oh, also, the timecode quality is terrible... Like, under 10%... Still works, but is making mistakes periodically. I believe burning the timecode MP3 at a lower volume would improve this, but how do I change the volume of the MP3?

Open the mp3 file in Audacity (or other wave editor), and lower the volume by -13db
Then save the file as wave (windows PCM)

Burn as audio cd

this is needed on most soundcard using CDJs, as the CDJs play really loud :)

Mensajes Sat 17 Feb 07 @ 1:51 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)