Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: ImToo DVD Ripper

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Gawd it's doing my head in!!!

In a bid to build a video collection, today I bought Now 2001 the DVD. Just to get going with a couple of videos without spending a fortune for the glory that is VJ'ing.

Anyway, the other day I bought ImToo DVD Ripper version 4 and successfully ripped the Michael Jackson Number 1's DVD. No worries.

On Now 2001, there are 16 music videos and what seems to be 'behind the scenes footage' blah blah blah videos, about 7 of these. When I load the dvd into ImToo, only the short footage videos show up and for the life of me, I can't get the actual music vids to show up to rip.

Anyone shed ANY light on this AT ALL PLEASE?!?!??! It's driving me bananas!

Permission to curse and swear???

P

Mensajes Mon 19 Feb 07 @ 11:35 pm
funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
Pionara> You may want to download VOBBLANKER, its not hard to use, and u can take individual cells and turn them into individual .vob's its an awesome tool to have to your video tools collection. If you have any problems send me a PM, I will walk you through the process if needed.

Mensajes Tue 20 Feb 07 @ 3:36 pm
@funnyb0nz

Thanks for your assistance. However, I seem to have gotten it sorted. I was (going nuts!!!!) going through my machine to see if I could find any other dvd ripping software as I had downloaded a few trials before getting ImToo, but they weren't doing the job. So, when they didn't work I ripped the lot of them out of my machine, inadvertantly uninstalling Xvid MPEG 4 something or other.

Then I tried again after a reboot or two (or three, or four...grrrr...) and after a while it worked!!! ImToo found all the chapters and I just let it rip them overnight. Haven't checked them out yet as I had to come to work (gawd damn working for a living!!!) but I'll check them tonight.

I don't know if there was a conflict or something with the Xvid, but in any case, I wasn't really caring too much as I'd managed to get it sorted...phew...at last...(",)

Anyway, thanks again. I'll keep that VobBlanker idea in mind.

Cheers...and keep spinnin...(",)

P

Mensajes Tue 20 Feb 07 @ 4:43 pm
Pionara,
Check the quality of the videos, I also have Imtoodvdripper, but don't like the quality on the videos. I have been using DVD Decrypter and Smart Ripper.. both free software available if you do a google search. Both software will allow to rip individual chapters into vob files.

Mensajes Tue 20 Feb 07 @ 4:55 pm
What about all those other files that go with the vob files, whatya do with them, nothing??

Mensajes Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 9:44 am
bryantpb wrote :
What about all those other files that go with the vob files, whatya do with them, nothing??

I never touch them. Just rip the chapters that "look" like videos. You know, they last for like 4-5 minutes. I'm ripping to MPEG 2 though and I've not had any hassles, although, in fairness, I've only ripped 4 dvd's so far!!!

The .IFO files are only information files anyway. The good stuff is the .VOB.

Keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Mensajes Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 1:16 pm
So, if you remove the .IFO and the BUP files and leave the vob by itself, or copy the VOB to somewhere
by itself, they will play the video fine. Mine don't??

Mensajes Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 9:15 pm
Using ImToo, when you place the DVD in your drive, it just lists the chapters. All i do is click on the chapters i want to rip, and press start. It does the rest for me.

I don't get as far as seeing the .ifo's and .bup's.

Are you using ImToo?

(",)

P

Mensajes Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 11:58 pm
No, but I will.
And are those chapters listed as individual vob files.

What I am saying is that if I take an individual vob file from a disk an into my HD, the vob file by itself is useless, as I need to drag the others over with it?

Mensajes Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 4:35 pm
Also, can you get several chapters in any order you choose and make one continuous video?

This is what I really need to do as well?

Mensajes Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 4:36 pm
Bryan
It sounds like you want to accomplish two things.
(Ripping invidual DVD tracks & merging two or more tracks into one.)
When ripping the dvd, all you need to do is click on the chapters (tracks you want to rip) you dont need any other file. Whatever software you use will rip the track into seperate files with both the audio and video in the file.
In regards to having them merge together you need a software that does this I forget the names of the software that do this. So do a google search .
Hope this help you
DJ Angel S

Mensajes Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 5:43 pm
@ bryantpb

The chapters are listed on their own and it's just a case of selecting the ones that you want to rip.

Try downloading a trial version of ImToo and you'll see what i mean. The version I bought is Version 4, but i'm pretty sure the trial version is an older one, and it only lets you rip like 4 minutes of a dvd or something, but for a trial it's ok. It's really easy to use and (so far) has produced good quality vids for me to use. Only thing is though that they take up alot of space. One 'album' of videos can take up more than a gig of space - i feel a new harddrive coming on!!!

On the merging of vids topic, i think dj angel s may be correct. This will no doubt be some sort of burning software thing that you would have to work out.

Let me know if you need help with anything.

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Mensajes Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 5:59 pm
DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
The smart ripper and Dr Divx combination has worked flawlessly for me.

Mensajes Sat 24 Feb 07 @ 11:12 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)