Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Why would you change this feature? (Effects module)

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Okay, so I had the Virtual DJ 3.4 trial on a PC magazine CD somewhere, sometime ago, and The best part of it I thought was being able to set what effects I wanted to 1, 2, and 3, and then setting up keyboard shortcuts for each one... But, there were other things that were holding me back from purchasing it (not really important to the thread).

Then I forgot about it and got asked to do a small wedding reception recently and thoguht I would download the trial again and give it a go, see if it's all fine, and then buy it, however...

Why is it that you've changed how the effects work? I recently got given to me a BCD2000 controller, and it would be awesome to use if I didn't have to keep pressing the button to go through each effect until I find the one I want.

If I'm in a rush and go past it? Oh, nevermind, you can just go through the list again!

So please, PLEASE justify why you did this, because from what I remember (I uninstalled it in frustration), if you had one turned on and wanted to go to the next one and turn it on as well, as soon as I pressed the appropriate button on the BCD2000, it'd turn the other one off!

What gives?

Mensajes Sat 03 Mar 07 @ 10:26 am

Reason is pretty simple...

3.4 can only use 3 effects at a time, and can only "preload" 3 effect to buttons or slots.

4.x have unlimited effects use, and can "preload" unlimited effects to buttons.

By default the BCD2000 might be mapped to have buttons to browse through the effects, and one for activating selected effects.

But you can change that if you like, and say map "flanger" permanently to button 1 and "beatgrid" to button 2 etc. Also to keyboard keys... unlimited. You can call effects by name

I hope that helps:)

Mensajes Sat 03 Mar 07 @ 2:21 pm
oh really? awesome

I guess that was a good decision, I just don't think it was executed as well as what it could have been :) perhaps having an option?

Anyway

Yeah, I will definitely consider mapping them!

Mensajes Sat 03 Mar 07 @ 2:53 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)