Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: VDJ 2.02 - improved BPM engine

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

in vdj 2.02 there is an improved BPM engine.

if u look in "FAME" tab, in vdj config settings.. you can choose from "hiphop engine" or "any music engine"

a great improvements for hiphop, and new kinda pop music (chart music)

Tested it on for example:
Kelis - Trick me... result: PERFECT BPM! ;)

its a great improvement, not perfect yet, but good work from the team.
A little tip; ALL hiphop, rnb and new pop (kelis etc) are usually in the bpm range of 80-120..
If VDJ detects it to be a lot more, devide the bpm by 2 (easy to do in BPM settings), and its often correct...

GREAT IMPROVEMENT DEV TEAM! ;)

Mensajes Mon 06 Sep 04 @ 2:46 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Which option did U use (all genres or techno / RnB) ?
What's the best one ?

Mensajes Mon 06 Sep 04 @ 3:30 pm
techno/rnb is quicker, but it gives better results for techno and rnb...

"any music" is slower to analyze, but it should give better results if your music is not all techno/rnb.

macourteau

Mensajes Mon 06 Sep 04 @ 3:32 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I suggest you to rescan your tracks...
.. if techno setting fails with a particular techno or hip hop song, then you can try scaning your song with anymusic.

Mensajes Mon 06 Sep 04 @ 4:37 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I have found that my hip hop tracks when scanned with any music were accurate. I used the techno/hip hop only for techno.

Mensajes Mon 06 Sep 04 @ 4:43 pm
have tested the new bpm engine a lot now...

now, this is important to you all! BOTH engines seems to be new, and it works GREAT!!! nice job of the dev team!! wow..

AND, scan all your music using the "any music" FIRST.. this will get most music correct, INCLUDING most hip hop etc.

use the 2nd option (called "techno/hiphop", but I think another name maybe would be better, such as "alternative mode") ONLY for rare tracks that gets wrong with 1st option.

WOW!! ITS AMAZING!!! ALMOST ALL BPM ARE CORRECT NOW!!

niiiiiiiice work from VDJ team!! congrats to all !!!!

;)

Mensajes Tue 07 Sep 04 @ 3:29 pm
NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
haven't tried yet....but was wondering does the new engine work on such genre's as disco where the drums may not be perfectly in sync each measure???

Norway! - So u recommend to first scan with any music.....then do you have to go into settings and change the bpm engine to techno / r&b and then right click each track individually that needs to be fixed??? maybe an idea for the team would be to have the option when you right click to analyse with either BPM engine. Just a thought.

Thanks Team...I can't wait to go home and start anylising....should be finished by Halloween!!! :)

Mensajes Tue 07 Sep 04 @ 3:50 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The new engine is very impressive.

I'm a much happyer user of virtual dj since version 2.02!!

so once again you do me proud, and ditto dj in norways comments, it could be further more improved, but it still is awsome!!. And just in time for the show!, well done ;)

from the other dj forums I visited, the guests there don't use software and/or use other inferior software.

After making a few comments about virtual dj and explaining it's functionality, selling points etc, I managed to get a few people on the topic. And now I added many more demo users of virtual dj!!, and a few bought the software.

Purpose of saying this here, Well virtual dj doesn't take much selling!!, people need to be made aware of this software only!!, The plasa show will be a giant step, and a magazine advert too.., would be even better.

Mensajes Tue 07 Sep 04 @ 9:40 pm
@ nawtboy...

yes... both bpm engines seems to be new, and it would be GREAT to have BOTH available at right-click on file...

I have found the "all music" engine to be the best, gets almost any song right, no matter what genre.
For those that it dont get right, I go into setup, change engine to "techno/hiphop", and amazingly it gets almost all right for what the first engine got wrong...

so, its almost a PERFECT resault...;) I LOVE IT!!! ;)

AGAIN, A HUGE THANX TO DEV TEAM FOR THIS NEW BPM ENGINE!!! in my eyes, the most importand vdj "upgrade" ever...

Mensajes Wed 08 Sep 04 @ 1:56 pm
yeah would love to see the two seperate analyse methods in the right click menu, especially if your trying to calculate on the fly

Mensajes Wed 08 Sep 04 @ 2:01 pm
that last post was me

Mensajes Wed 08 Sep 04 @ 2:01 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
and again IE loged me out

DjZero

Mensajes Wed 08 Sep 04 @ 2:05 pm
The new BPM detection is much more improved ! It's still not 100% ... But pretty damn close !

Mensajes Thu 09 Sep 04 @ 6:47 am
ivarPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hi

i'm having problems with scanning my whole pc (in "all Music")
it gives me a fatal error messages while scanning but everytime on different songs
and the error messages only appear after scanning for a couple of hours,so it seems like he can't handle it anymore

anybody knows what to do ?????
thanx

Mensajes Thu 09 Sep 04 @ 2:00 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)