Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: im new - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

hello im 17/f/uk

I love music and always wanted to learn how to dj.
I basicly no nothing about djing and i really want to learn! i just dont no where to start!

any tips?

Mensajes Mon 30 Apr 07 @ 4:54 pm

Mensajes Tue 01 May 07 @ 12:32 am
thankyou =)

Mensajes Tue 01 May 07 @ 1:15 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
heya i just turned 18 my self aslo from the uk :)

if u need any help feel free to add me on msn : admin@skyfxlmedia.com

would u like your profile turned to female btw u get nice pink stars instead =D?

Mensajes Tue 01 May 07 @ 10:51 am
oo i shall ad u my friend =) lol

n about the profile that would b very nice thankyou lol

Mensajes Wed 02 May 07 @ 12:49 am
djnutzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have been a club jock for 7 years now. I was, and still am part time mobile since 1988. I have been a resident at the current club for the last 2 years.

The guys that have reps and residencies have paid their dues. We started out at the bottom and had to prove ourselves worthy of the prime slots.

Start slow, respect your elder DJ.

Be available to work when asked.

Bad mouth another dj and you might find your headphones south of your ears.

Shut your mouth and open your ears.

When you think you know everything, quit.

As to club work, more tips:

The majority of people in the club are too drunk to notice a great mix, but even the guy passed out in the corner can hear the train wreck.

Play for the people not for you...but have your boundries and stick to them. (there are songs i simply refuse to play based on "thug" content or energy level. i want people dancing, not just standing around bobbing their heads)

You get paid the same regardless of whether or not the guy badgering you for a song is happy.

Good reviews travel fast. Bad reviews travel 100 times faster.

Pretend that every mistake was intentional.

The microphone is your friend...friends don't like to hear you talk for 3 hours straight.

Drunks have a 10 second attention span. Use it wisely.

Treat every person who comes to the booth like they are the most important person in the building and you are happy they came to see you.

If you piss someone off, make sure they don't know what you drive.

Mensajes Wed 02 May 07 @ 3:03 am
djnutz wrote :

If you piss someone off, make sure they don't know what you drive.

SO true

and SO FUNNY!!!

Mensajes Wed 02 May 07 @ 4:21 am
emmyloo16 wrote :
oo i shall ad u my friend =) lol

n about the profile that would b very nice thankyou lol

cool :)

Mensajes Wed 02 May 07 @ 12:38 pm
A match made on VDJ perhaps?????

Mensajes Wed 02 May 07 @ 11:44 pm
hèhè

Mensajes Thu 03 May 07 @ 10:46 am
marcel wt do u mean? lol

Mensajes Tue 08 May 07 @ 1:46 pm
oh nothing o;)

just being silly.

Mensajes Tue 08 May 07 @ 1:55 pm
tut tut lol i added that lad on msn but nt spoke to him yet he hasnt signed in i dnt thinkso if ya read this agen add me emmyloo16@msn.com =0)

Mensajes Fri 11 May 07 @ 2:21 am
hi i did add you but u dont seem to have signed in either

any ways i added you on my other acount to see if that fixes it.

Mensajes Fri 11 May 07 @ 7:52 pm
I wonder if u pro DJs can advise about a subject that don't see a lot in clubs...
Virtual DJ and also on advanced consoles and EQs have loads of effects (specialy talking about beatgrid, flanger, flippin double and TK Filters) as we all know but I rarely see DJs using those effects and samples in the songs! Is it just here in Portugal or ppl don't like to personalize the music that is playing?
I mean cuz I LOVE to do it but does the audience like it too? That's my point.

Adivse plz

Regards, Bart

Mensajes Mon 14 May 07 @ 3:45 pm
IMO - the sound processor should be there to enhance the song and it should not be used to much. Your audience knows the song / music and tend to get a noid when the song is changed or interupted. Kinda like the transition. The same transition doen over / over.

Most DJ's use sound processor sparingly and punch it when needed to get the "OOOHHHHH" effect.

Remember: it's kinda like playing your songs. Anybody can play the hottest songs but it take a good DJ to know what, when and how.

Mensajes Mon 14 May 07 @ 6:48 pm
Thanks fatkatzdj

Anyway I'm not talking about interrupting the music or making it incomprehensible, just adding a flanger here and there, eventualy a beatgrid when the rithm is too repetitive... Do you consider a good idea? Cuz I believe it marks the fact that "I AM THERE" not just the fact that I'm switching musics but also that I can make them more excitting... Am I right or is it too much?

Another thing that I love to do is to give the public a "suggestion" of what's coming next, like samples I've recorded myself, 4 example, "so clap" on Bob Sinclar's Rock This Party or starting looping parts of the next music I'll give them, like important parts on the musics (before explosions or reconizable instrumentals...). Is it a good thing to do?

I'm making these kind of questions to learn a lil more, I think they are important and can help some amateurs like I am! =)

Cheers

Mensajes Tue 15 May 07 @ 12:41 am
DjarHome userMember since 2007
¿Cómo hago para aprender a ser un DJ profesional?
Mándemen información, si es posible.

Mensajes Tue 15 May 07 @ 5:41 am
That's the great thing about being an individual. You learn from people who are where you want to be and make your own style... whatever idea you have in your head, go with it and make it work. You will fine tune for the masses. Who knows, one day you will be traveling the countryside promoting your DJ sound.

Mensajes Tue 15 May 07 @ 11:55 pm
=) I'm only 17 now... But yes, maybe one day! Cuz my love for music is unconditional... Can't live without it !

Cheers, thanks 4 the suggestions

Mensajes Thu 17 May 07 @ 2:08 pm
83%