Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: Beginner Issues :/

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

apogeeHome userMember since 2007
So I got the demo, and I started learning how to mix from the pdf guide I downloaded from here, but are there any ways I can learn from a video?

It's really hard learning from reading, I have to see what the dj is doing.. I have checked 2 or 3 youtube videos (searched the keyword "vitrual dj" and sorted the result by views..)

I really want to learn how to mix, but I wish there was like a video tutorial, for example the guide does not show how to save the Cues I made, once I made my loop, and a cue, how can I have them star at the same time ?

Stuff like that.. I hope I am even making sense..

Thanks

Mensajes Tue 15 May 07 @ 12:32 pm
I remember when I was in your shoes asking the same questions. I knew that I had a ear for sound and the love of music helped me put combos together. Then as I got better with a whole lot of practice and by the way I still practice for my weakend shows at least 3 - 5 hours a weak. I do this to have a different show and maybe find different mixes that I may not think of during the show.

I'm going to share with you the same thing that I teach my employees. Start off with making a practice virtual CD ( just recorded not burned unless you want to ). Think about if you baught a mixed cd, why are the songs in the order that they are in. Most of the time it's to have an emotional rollercoaster, like telling a music story.

Next, try blending your songs together through the first couple of beats. Now at the same time of doing this. Learn to find the beats in your head. Counting each beat for 30 seconds and then multiply by 2.

After a while, you will be listening to a song and can almost figure out what beat it is by the rhythm. Of course you will need to count for perfect BPM.

The art of DJing comes with lots and lots of practice and the desire to get better even though you feel your not getting a better. Things seem to fall in place without you noticing.

Mensajes Tue 15 May 07 @ 11:40 pm
PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE, and DJ'ing takes a lot of patience, not all of your mixes are gonna be 100% perfect, but it just makes you learn more and try new things

Mensajes Wed 16 May 07 @ 1:36 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)