Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: iCDX jogdial MAJOR problem!! - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Juicenut wrote :

With only 1 iCDx and VDJ 5.0r4 - have found the pitch slider sometimes doesn't become active (no changes on the pitch at all) until you move it (slowing it down first is the only way) substantially. Once moving it around a bit - It'll become active.

What you are experiencing is the safe pitch feature. With all the controllers - UNTIL the Pitch Fader matches the exact pitch position in the software the fader is disabled. This stops the possible JUMPING of a songs pitch if when you loaded a new track and the controllers pitch fader was -4% and the new song is loaded at ZERO (0) change. The controller's fader will not effect the pitch until the controller's fader reaches ZERO (0).

Juicenut wrote :

I've also had the Video window popping up - I think this happened when pressing the left parameter knob. But still shouldn't be opening the video display.

If you are not using videos or video effects, please start using the Enable/Disable button in the Config->Video tab. This disables the video engine and will stop the video window pop up. Also, it makes complete sense that if you hit the parameters knob that the video window opens as that knob controls the video crossfader.

Juicenut wrote :

Have also noticed some sound glitches presenting after a while (usually after the pitch slider goes funny) - especially after using some of the effects (controlled by the iCDx). Only a restart cleans them up.

Not sure about this one as the built in iCDX are not accessible when the controller is in HID mode. Anyhow, if you are having performance issues after using effects, then you need to look at your overall performance settings.

Juicenut wrote :

Some fairly serious sound issues here - hope someone's really looking into it.

Not issues and all explainable -- Upgrade to Version 5 Revision 5.

Mensajes Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 6:41 pm
okay so here's the latest skinny on my little weird issue...i have since taken the advice to disable video in the config screen...that i have done...

this past friday, I was spinning at a club in NYC for halloween party...i was in a well ventilated booth with my AC powered notebook cooler as usual.

about 3 times throughout the night, upon touching the left platter to make adjustments the music went silent and i get the dialogue box that prompts me "Are you sure you want to load that track, there is currently a track already playing on "x" deck" something along those lines, you know what msg i'm talking about.

once i hit no, music continues...

so although this little problem isn't as severe anymore...i am still getting this particular box coming up which still interrupts music

i've tried multiple configurations to see if anything would make a difference...running TCCD off the iCDX's obviously don't cause this problem...

what i've been playing with lately and how i had it configurated on friday night was in the sound setup i selected dual timecodes, external mixer, asio

i have the right iCDX running timecode CD (for scratching sound quality and latency), and the left deck running iCDX direct via USB with the timecode bypassed

so from that experiment it seems that the problem still exists even with just one iCDX connected...any insight?

Mensajes Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 4:39 pm
Its not a Vdj problem ... Its a numark problem because it also happens in scratch live .. you go to touch the platter and the decks switch on you and the music just stops.. NOT GOOD.. this is why i decided to go with cdj 800 instead.. Virtual Rocks with TCCD and serato sound card .. NOOOO problems whatsoever..

Mensajes Sun 04 Nov 07 @ 2:46 am
True...I tested it in SSL and had the same issue. Not exactly but similar.

Mensajes Sun 04 Nov 07 @ 4:59 pm
ZEVIANHome userMember since 2007
HEY BRO I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY DECKS 2....

I CHECK NUMARK.COM TEC PAGE AND IN THE DOWNLOAD PAGE THERE ARE UP DATES FOR ICDX DECKS TO FIX DRIVERS IN THE CD DECKS.DOWNLOADS ARE FREE. WHEN THE DECKS LEAVE THE FACTORY THEY ARE VER 29 I THINK....NOW THE DOWNLOADS ARE ON VER 44.SINCE THEN MY DECKS ARE RUNN'N SWEET NO PROBLEMS.HOPE THIS HELPS YOURE PROBLEM....
DJ

Mensajes Mon 05 Nov 07 @ 10:02 am
hmmm...so it seems as if the general consensus is that this is a iCDX problem, i have been updated to version 4.4 on the iCDX already, is there any point in re-updating them?

Mensajes Mon 05 Nov 07 @ 3:35 pm
This sucks man... I was hoping this issue was going to get fixed soon... with it being a numark problem I am sure it never will LOL

Mensajes Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 12:00 am
grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm just bumping this post because I still havent found a fix for this. Occasionally when I touch the jog wheel while a song is in loop it also gives a "A song is playing on this deck are you sure you want to stop it". Happens once or twice in a 4 hour gig and it can be as severe as the pitch or song resetting back to the start also.

Happens with both icdx
Firmware updated to latest (0.50)
Recent format of main drive, basic VDJ install no extras
Default video skin & res
All non essential hardware disabled
Tried different USB ports

Anyone have a fix?

Mensajes Sun 01 Feb 09 @ 1:51 am
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
grug wrote :
I'm just bumping this post because I still havent found a fix for this. Occasionally when I touch the jog wheel while a song is in loop it also gives a "A song is playing on this deck are you sure you want to stop it". Happens once or twice in a 4 hour gig and it can be as severe as the pitch or song resetting back to the start also.

Strange, me not having encountered that kind of "A song is playing on this deck are you sure you want to stop it" problem but pitch or song resetting back to the start and video window popping up is more often happened to me and for me it's really annoying enough... anybody kind enough to share how to fix these issue?

Mensajes Sun 01 Feb 09 @ 6:14 am
grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djranes wrote :
Strange, me not having encountered that kind of "A song is playing on this deck are you sure you want to stop it" problem but pitch or song resetting back to the start and video window popping up is more often happened to me and for me it's really annoying enough... anybody kind enough to share how to fix these issue?

Try under Config / Options / Security. Change setting to ASK.

I was getting the video window pop up error about a year ago not quite sure why/how/when it got fixed for me but im still getting the reset song error too many times. Wishing I had two CDJ-400's now. If this is happening to a few other people now it must be a known problem by either VDJ or Numark?

Mensajes Sun 01 Feb 09 @ 4:10 pm
we have not find any answer to this problem? I just upgrade to V6 wi'll see how the icdx respond.

Mensajes Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 5:46 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
We are aware of the problem and as I posted in the other thread ... we are working on a resolution ...

Mensajes Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 6:41 pm
djranes wrote :
grug wrote :

Can you tell us your set up and firmware in the icdxs . please!

Mensajes Mon 14 Sep 09 @ 11:02 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)