Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Soundblaster major problem with VDJ 5 !!!!

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi

been trying to rectify a problem for many weeks now with no joy

Simply....

VD5 does to allow you to route each deck (1/2) to individual stero output socks on the back of my soundblaster card, even though in the config it said it did.

My audigy 2 zs card has 3 stereo outs and only output 1 will give audio no matter what setting I config on my soundcard setup in virtual DJ

This fault is common accross all sound blaster cards (live, xfi, audigy)

Please can we investigate this problems

its stopping me from DJing with VDJ

regards

john

Mensajes Thu 08 Nov 07 @ 1:12 am
Not sure johnny I have a Soundblaster live.

I have it setup in my home/practice system.

First thing is: Enable 5.1 mode from creatives options software that came with the card. It should be located in speaker setup of your soundcard config menu.

If it's not in 5.1 surround mode then VDJ won't work.

I've used my soundbalster and MOBO 5.1 cards before.

On my Mobile system I have it set as 5.1 surround and use it as follows: front 1/2-deck A/mixer CH1; rear 2/3 - deck b/Mixer CH3; center/subwoffer 5(stereo) Mixer CH 2 - samples.

Mensajes Thu 08 Nov 07 @ 1:41 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have the SB Extigy - works fine -- to get the split ability use the following --

Output -- External Mixer
Sound card(s) -- 4.1 Card
Sound card [drop-down] - Choose your installed card.
Output channels [drop-down] - keep the one listed - Left Deck / Front Right Deck / Rear

Mensajes Thu 08 Nov 07 @ 5:29 am
Hi Cstoll

Have tried what you said and still no Joy ??

So there I was scratching my head !!! went of to creative website studying drivers etc.

Come back to my pc and started playing with the creative control panel

Found the problem !!! Under the creative control panel, windows was setup as 2 speaker only

reconfigured windows for 4 speakers, went back to vdj and bang yes it worked (thanks)

But can not get the above config to work woth ASIO drivers ?? which is really my end goal, both decks come out of 1 socket ?? whe ASIO is selected, also tried download ASIO for all drivers to see if that would help but No ??

And another problem ....

My audigy 2 zs card has 3 stereo outputs so set windows for 6.1 sound, went back to VDJ select

Selected 3 line mixer in VDJ and router deck1 to socket 1. deck2 to socket 2 and samples to socket 3

But very strange effects ?? different sound quality and levels on different outputs ??

So to conclude My six channel Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS (which i still think is the best Creative have EVER MADE, and much better sounding than the new X-FI card)

Only works correctly when VDJ is to

External Mixer

4.1 Sound

All other setting seem to give strange quality and levels on the different outputs ??

And I really wanted to use ASIO to make the PC as fast as possible and deliver the very best sound quality

Please can you advise and thanks for your advise

Regards

John

Mensajes Fri 09 Nov 07 @ 6:56 am
i have the same card audigy 2 ZS

ASIO mode creative and ASIO mode asio4all,
have yet to sucessfully get this to give more then 0% TCV quality "2nd gen TCV"
"config'd to control the deck completely but yet 0%" in 5 r5 "not the TT alkready started there"

i do not recommend this or any creative cards for ASIO TCV use with VDJ. more of a headache then its worth.
unfourtunatly creative has a high percentage where i am located in the USA of use, so this is an issue to be highlighted that
Creative = junk for TCV use in VDJ 5 r5.
less of a headache to use the recommended cards with VDJ and worth ordering and waiting for.

other then that if ya dont plan on ever using ASIO or TCV's with a creative card works great.

i'm not looking for a solution for me, as for i have gave up on creative products completly, i am putting my experiance with creative for reference in this post.

Mensajes Sat 10 Nov 07 @ 7:09 pm
que honda wey

Mensajes Sat 15 Dec 07 @ 5:26 pm
Traktor 3 AND the new Traktor Pro work perfectly on ASIO with the outputs split with an external mixer on my Audigy 1. So no, Creative is not the one to blame.

Mensajes Fri 06 Feb 09 @ 2:52 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)