Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Crackling and pops... - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi ! I have a mk2 console on a pc

Duo core total 1600Mhz
4 Gigs of ram

I hear clicks and pops as soon as i play with trebble , mid, bass or crossfader...

Now you may not hear it very well but listen to the sample provided here : www.photocreasim.com/test.mp3

You can hear it when i gradually cut the bass and put it back on.

It does it with VDJ 5.0 and not with older versions... Even if I use my mouse or controler it does it so it's not the mk2 ...

What to do I allready reinstaled it... TWICE LOL

Help

Mensajes Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 3:00 am
I've experienced the same thing I Bought the numark total control that came with the cue light verson of cue I also bought a djio. I have everything hook up properly I check it about 5 times now according to the manual and everything seems to be connected properly. I bought the total control with the intention of trying it out. The crackling and pops seem to happen more and more often now I dont understand it any help wound be awesome!! Thanks...

Mensajes Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 3:14 am
I have the same issue, I thought it was just me

Mensajes Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 3:42 am
well now we are three... maybe it's an issue with the V5.0 of VDJ?

at least when i play fat bass it's pretty seamless, and a song with no bass will bearly do it...

Well i might just get back to my 3.4 version now and then for important gigs...

Mensajes Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 4:42 am
Set the performance slider to the left (fastest), set latency to Auto, and try tickin safe mode, if it is already checked, uncheck it.

Mensajes Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 9:29 am
It worked! no more poping or crackling! but isn't the safe mode good to have on?

Mensajes Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 3:31 pm
Was it on or off with the crackling??

Mensajes Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 7:56 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
safe mode is for weaker soundcards and machies

it will cause problems on better machines

Mensajes Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 8:06 pm
Man I have tried different settings and still im getting the crakling and pop sounds. Im using the djio and I have my amp hooked up to it. Can anyone help me......

Mensajes Thu 22 Nov 07 @ 12:18 am
I had this problem yesterday first time

Mensajes Thu 22 Nov 07 @ 2:06 pm
RobertDavis wrote :
Man I have tried different settings and still im getting the crakling and pop sounds. Im using the djio and I have my amp hooked up to it. Can anyone help me......

DJ/io

inputs : none
outputs : headphones
driver : asio
Card : DJ/io

Mensajes Thu 22 Nov 07 @ 2:23 pm
DJio

USB 2.0 (single channel operation in USB 1.1)
Ultra low latency
2 independent RCA stereo outputs
Microphone input with adjustable gain mixed to stereo pair #1
1/4” Stereo headphone output on stereo pair #2
24–bit audio, 44.1kHz and 88.2kHz sample rates
ASIO drivers with control panel
USB bus–powered (optional +9 VDC external power supply sold separately)
Windows and MAC compatible

Can anyone help me with the crakling sounds.

Mensajes Thu 22 Nov 07 @ 7:04 pm
set those settings

then go to options > performances

and turn it to Fastest , autolatency then untick safe and overclock

Mensajes Thu 22 Nov 07 @ 9:54 pm
OR if they are unckecked try checking them. Sky sometimes some machines need the Safe mode checked I had a system that was that way so add that to your descriptions:)

Mensajes Thu 22 Nov 07 @ 11:41 pm
true ticking it then closing the program

then running and unticking the box resets the sound engine also which may alleviate problems

Mensajes Thu 22 Nov 07 @ 11:44 pm
Alright thanks guys ima try it when I get home. Happy thanksgiving people!!! I'll let you guys know if it works....

Peace,
Robert Davis

Mensajes Fri 23 Nov 07 @ 2:11 am
Ok here are the specs for my laptop....

Operating system: Microsoft windows xp media center edition with sp2
Processor: Mobile amd athlon 64 processor 3400+ 2.2 ghz,1 mb l2 cache hypertransport technology up to 1600 mhz system bus.
memory: upgraded to 1gb mb ddr
harddrive: 80 gb hdd, 4200 rpm

I tried unclicking the safe mode and overclock it seems to run smooth alot longer but after about 30 mins it does the same thing do you guys think that maybe my soundcard isnt getting eough power thorugh the usb? Or maybe my soundcard is a defect?

Mensajes Sat 24 Nov 07 @ 2:41 am
I think you might be pushing it with 1gb memory, and, if you have a large swap file on the 4200RPM hdd, it might contribute as well.

Have you checked skyfxl's blog for performance tweaks yet?

Mensajes Thu 29 Nov 07 @ 9:43 am
Why do you think that im pushing it? I also tried to check out the link you posted but there is nothing there. I bought a usb hub the other day and an ac adapter for the djio so maybe that will help also. When I upgraded my ram to 1Gb that helped cause the program it self runs alot faster now.

Mensajes Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 8:29 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It maybe due to the OS ifself. Some ppl can't get XP media centre edition to werk with VDJ. U can't see the link as it level only for pro user. Try to use ur hardware on a XP OS n see the different for testing. Or installed XP itself;)

Mensajes Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 8:42 am
80%