Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: JPBoggis's Denon HC-4500 Mapper - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

bmac16PRO InfinityMember since 2005
JP Boggis,

Any updates on your mapper?. You said in one thread it would be ready in three weeks...that was a month ago :)

I'm looking forward to it as I assume others are too!

In advanced, thank you for your hard work!

Mensajes Wed 19 Mar 08 @ 9:59 pm
Once he get's it done, he will truly be the BIG MAN ON CAMPUS. I can't wait either

Mensajes Thu 20 Mar 08 @ 2:16 pm
I am truly looking forward to it as well. I check the forum every other day to see if he has released it. I love the 4500s and I am sure with his mapper i will love it even more.

Mensajes Thu 20 Mar 08 @ 4:11 pm
It's still work in progress, but getting close to completion now. It's at the most time consuming phase now of fixing all the bugs I've discovered. Most of the main functionality has been implemented, including all the different modes (Effects, samples, loops, etc.)

Mensajes Fri 21 Mar 08 @ 9:33 pm
JPBoggis,

Great news. What's the ETA for the completed Mapper?

BMAC

Mensajes Sat 22 Mar 08 @ 2:18 pm
Don't rush the man, perfection takes time :). Thank you for the up date JP.

Mensajes Mon 24 Mar 08 @ 9:08 am
My Thoughts exactly Dj VooDoo, These things take a lot of time to complete, it takes long enough just to map VDJ using genral midi let alone Programing a full Plugin, There is loads of us wating on this Plugin and we all know that it will make the HC4500 as we want it to be, we also have to remember that Mr Boggin's is doing it for us for FREE and in his own time.
I think we should all remember that: The Best Things Come To Those Who Wait!!

Thanks For All The Hard Work JP.

Mensajes Tue 25 Mar 08 @ 8:27 am
tomvassie wrote :
My Thoughts exactly Dj VooDoo, These things take a lot of time to complete, it takes long enough just to map VDJ using genral midi let alone Programing a full Plugin, There is loads of us wating on this Plugin and we all know that it will make the HC4500 as we want it to be, we also have to remember that Mr Boggin's is doing it for us for FREE and in his own time.
I think we should all remember that: The Best Things Come To Those Who Wait!!

Thanks For All The Hard Work JP.

Well said, when's he's done I'm going to ask him if he has a paypal account, he deserves a little something, something for his time and efforts.

Mensajes Tue 25 Mar 08 @ 11:19 am
Well said, when's he's done I'm going to ask him if he has a paypal account, he deserves a little something, something for his time and efforts.

I second that, thanks for sharing your knowledge and work JP.

Mensajes Tue 25 Mar 08 @ 8:28 pm
also i don't know if anyone notice but the backspin on the hc4500 is horrible with virtual dj, is this a mapper issue? with reflex le the backspin is good. i think this is a mapper issue b/c even with numark total control the back spin is also good. jpboggis is there something that can be done about this with your mapper!!! thank you

Mensajes Wed 26 Mar 08 @ 3:20 pm
Unfortunately it's not practical to do a manual backspin on the HC4500 because the jogwheel is not free-spinning enough. Try spinning it as hard as you can and it will only keep moving for a second or two. The only way to perform a backspin is via the backspin effect in VDJ. If this isn't good enough, it would be possible for someone to write a better version via the plugin SDK.

Mensajes Thu 27 Mar 08 @ 1:08 pm
it's possible jpboggis here's why, in midi configuration if you change the jogwheel to the scratch feature and turn the increment starting at 3 or 4 you get a nice spinback,similiar to reflex, never knew vdj was so bad, lol. but the only draw back to this is that i'm unable to hold the song while it's playing via pressing down on the jogwheel. i think this is a major feature that should be included in your mapper.

Mensajes Tue 15 Apr 08 @ 2:34 pm
It has been soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long waiting for someone to release a mapper that works.

All I really need to be able to pitch bend with the jog wheels

Such a great controller... wasted

WirelessDj Not Happy
:-(

Mensajes Sun 20 Apr 08 @ 8:48 am
Agreed. I hope he hasn't given up on this venture. I check the forum everyday hoping to be "surprised". My concern is that it didn't take him this long to create his great DAC 3 or DMC2 mappers. Unless he's been very very busy. It's been over 7 months since the HC-4500 has been released. If the mapper doesn't happen soon I'm afraid you will be seeing mine on E-Bay.

Mensajes Sun 20 Apr 08 @ 7:54 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
He hasn't given up ;)

Mensajes Mon 21 Apr 08 @ 4:17 am
My question is: Why do we rely on users to implement hardware controllers in any useful way? Why don't the developers contribute more to these efforts... It shouldn't take this long.

Mensajes Mon 21 Apr 08 @ 11:43 am
WirelessDJ wrote :
All I really need to be able to pitch bend with the jog wheels
Such a great controller
WirelessDj Not Happy
:-(

What do you mean? I bend with the jogs with the "native" mode in VDJ 5.07. Just dont give pressure to the jog because it will activate the "scratch effect", just barely touch it and move it and you can bend ;)

Mensajes Mon 21 Apr 08 @ 3:58 pm
bmac16 wrote :
It's been over 7 months since the HC-4500 has been released. If the mapper doesn't happen soon I'm afraid you will be seeing mine on E-Bay.

But it has been only two months since Denon fix the issue that make it freeze, so the mapper it has only two months of develop.

Mensajes Mon 21 Apr 08 @ 4:00 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
smittydc wrote :
My question is: Why do we rely on users to implement hardware controllers in any useful way? Why don't the developers contribute more to these efforts...

Personally (and bear in mind this is just my opinion) I would rather the developers concentrated on core things... I personally don't mind implementing better control plugins. The controllers already work with basic MIDI, so function in a basic manner. Better MIDI support is something I would like to see however.

smittydc wrote :
It shouldn't take this long.

Spoken like a non-developer LOL! ;)

Mensajes Tue 22 Apr 08 @ 8:46 am
Quote :
Spoken like a non-developer LOL! ;)

Developers are paid to work on these things full time. Boogis and others have to fit it in when they can... which is why it takes so long.

Mensajes Tue 22 Apr 08 @ 11:11 am
87%