Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Denon DNS1200 w/VDJ - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I own the Denon S1200's and you can view photos of my setup on my profile page or by doing a search for Denon S1200. Yes! They are professional, can be used with Virtual Dj with a Midi Mapper, and I've used them in live settings with no problem. These decks are probably the most slept on pair of CD decks in the market today.

With the NS7, that midi device crashes you are stuck.

With these, if VDJ crashes and you lose Midi, you can always switch over to the decks, stick in your USB or Ipod, and you are ready to roll. Any questions, feel free to send me a message.

Cuidate!

Mensajes Thu 09 Apr 09 @ 9:48 pm
Hey Shaggy.

i just got the 1200's. i was wondering if your having issues with vdj 6?

Dj Quin

Mensajes Tue 16 Jun 09 @ 8:17 pm
dalien51 wrote :
Hey Shaggy.

i just got the 1200's. i was wondering if your having issues with vdj 6?

Dj Quin

I started a thread in the Denon forums and Cstoll started a support thread here in the forum to address mapper issues. VDJ5 with the mapper worked flawlessly except you didn't get the screen to show the tracks and light up the decks.

With VDJ6 the Denons with Midi worked excellent, the first time around. Meaning, they would detect the decks and you had full Midi control with the screen light up and the tracks showing on the Denon's. Beautiful until you shut down VDJ and try to get the mapper to detect the Denon's again...

Cstoll started a great thread under Denon Controller in the hardware forums were folks can post issues on the Denon. He's working hard and many of us are waiting anxiously for a new mapper or corrections to the VDJ6 Midi issues. If you have a question on the mapper or issues, that's the person and thread to see.

So overall, VDJ5 with Denons worked very nice. VDJ6 with Denon's, way better then VDJ5 but needs some corrections to be legit.

I will say this, from what I've tested, once the VD6 and Denon issues get fixed, I say that the Denon S1200's are the best Midi to VDJ6 budget option available. Hopefully Cstoll and VDJ staff can get us up to par so that we can show the world what most of us already know, VDJ6 is the best software solution for digital dj's.

Cuidate!
Mister P-Body

Mensajes Fri 19 Jun 09 @ 10:47 am
I don't know how some people can say that equipment is not pro based on the price!! Just people talking out their butt, I bet they have never even used one.
I have owned a pair of both Denon DN-S1200 and DN-HS5500. Even though the DN-HS5500 are more expensive, the DN-S1200 is still just as great. A Denon will always be a Denon no matter how much it cost!
The DN-S1200 basically had most of the features of the DN-HS5500 but in a more compact size. The DN-S1200 does not feel like some kind of cheap toy, it feels like a nice compact piece of pro equipment. I bought the DN-S1200 because I wanted to get rid of the big clunky Technics 1200s and I wanted something more modern and compact with a pro feel, after doing my research I settled on the DN-S1200s, they were actually the 1st piece of Denon equipment I had ever bought and I was amazed at the features and quality. Seeing the quality and features on the DN-S1200 made it easier for me to spend even more money on the DN-HS5500. I figured if their lower priced gear was this good then the more expensive one would be even better. I ended up going to DN-HS5500 because I couldn't resist the spinning platter but both players feel the same. Just one is bigger with a spinning platter, bigger buttons, dual sound card and bigger screen.

Bottom line is, a Denon will always be a Denon no matter how much it cost! It only cheaper because it has less feature not because its a cheap piece a gear commissioned to be made at some OEMs factory in Taiwan like most other DJ brands do.

Now if the Denon bug could only be fixed on VDJ 6 so I can play with them again =) but that's another story. At least they still work great on VDJ 5.2.1

On another note: Props for Numark for actually doing some R&D and developing the NS7, it looks great and feels great. Its just a shame it comes bundled with Itch and we haven't been able to map it on VDJ

Mensajes Fri 19 Jun 09 @ 11:44 am
MAGAGAR80 wrote :
I don't know how some people can say that equipment is not pro based on the price!! Just people talking out their butt, I bet they have never even used one.

I have owned a pair of both Denon DN-S1200 and DN-HS5500. Even though the DN-HS5500 are more expensive, the DN-S1200 is still just as great. A Denon will always be a Denon no matter how much it cost!

Now if the Denon bug could only be fixed on VDJ 6 so I can play with them again =) but that's another story. At least they still work great on VDJ 5.2.1

I concur on denon's being pro. The Denon decks are professional and a hell of a lot cheaper then more expensive units that have half of the features. I believe that these Denon's are the most slept on decks in the market for Dj's. The gigs that I've done with the decks, you can literally see the drool from other Dj's who can't believe what is possible with these decks with VDJ. When I do MIDI and pair them up with VDJ, they are a beast unit!

I'm just wishing for two future things, the MIDI fix for VD6 and a future Denon deck that is a cross between the S1200 and the S3700 with Vynil top, but about a medium size of the two.

Mensajes Fri 19 Jun 09 @ 2:23 pm
Im with both of you. I have been dealing with denon decks since the first daul cd player came out. And ill tell ya Numark and the others did not stand up to par. The cueing and start time was by far the best on the denon's. I scammed myself into getting the 1200's off my wife. I had purchased 2 1000's with a numark mixer (used of course) off craigslist for 300. Then i put it on ebay, sold it for 500 and purchased the 1200's with a dx-100 mixer for about 800 minus the 500. Of course i told the wife....I got the 1200's for 300 babe!!! Thats my story and im sticking to it. Now, i got these spankin new 1200's and a used dx-100 with VDJ 6.0........ima get divorced from this software!!! Now if we can exterminate the bugs....that will be heaven.

Now as well as the issue you stated refference losing the mapper....im not getting that. I have attempted to duplicate the bug with negative results.

DJ Quin
Miami, Florida

Ps. Much praise to the individuals out there spending there own time and patience attempting to correct the bugs in our beloved prog. Also, putting up with us winey @$$ DJ's.......please please please fix our bugs .... I cant be without my VDJ!!! <--- thats me

I have seen forums for everything under the sun except for a praise forum so that we can show these guys some love instead of just bitchin when our $hite dont work.

Mensajes Fri 19 Jun 09 @ 4:33 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)